Our original Campmaster

Discussion in 'Best Wishes/Remembrances for Loved Ones & Friends' started by Muller 5, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

Jan 6, 2019
    STL
    My grandpa passed last night at nearly 90 years old. He taught my mom to camp, who in turn taught me. I only remember camping with him one time, but I've heard lots of stories. He was still tent camping in '85-'86 at 56 or 57 years old. He used to say the rosary at bedtime in the tent to put the kids to sleep. I'm going to start this on our next trip in his memory.

"My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today." -- Richard Adams

2. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

Jul 18, 2015
    North Syracuse, New York
    So sorry to hear of your loss. What a nice tradition of saying the rosary. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Muller 5 likes this.
  3. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Sorry for your loss. I'm glad it gives you a new tradition.

Muller 5 likes this.
  4. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Sorry to hear of his passing. At least you can be thankful for the lessons and traditions he shared and be proud to carry on.

nineoaks2004 likes this.
  5. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Sorry for your loss, it is never easy to say goodbye to a loved one. But as stated by neighbormike appreciate and remember the things he taught you. My Dad has been gone for a long time now but when camping, fishing, or hunting I still think of him and miss him
    but remember all the things he taught ( many passed down from my Grandfather) to me and hopefully I have passed these thing to my son.

neighbormike likes this.
  6. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

Jan 6, 2019
    STL
    Thanks everyone. I just needed a way to work through my feelings. I have not been allowed at his or my grandma's side yet and I'm struggling with helplessness. And the thought that "here I am doing my normal daily routine kids, homework, scouts, and my grandpa is dead."

That got much longer than I expected. Anyway, thank you for the support.

7. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Do not be afraid to grieve and show your emotions, I remember when my Dad Passed, I did not grieve but a few weeks later I was fishing, I caught a Bass and sat there and cried like a baby, I would have felt better much sooner if I had taken the time to grieve.

8. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Our family's condolences to you.