outdoor shower mod

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by ken1207, Jul 1, 2018.

1. ken1207

ken1207 Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Here is what I did for the outdoor shower. I removed the shower head, the hose is still attached to the faucet. I ran a piece of pex tubing under the camper with 1/2 male pipe thread ends. The shower hose will attach directly to this hose. On the other side another hose from pipe to outdoor table faucet.
    The camper is down right now I will be camping in a week so I will take more pictures.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  2. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Pictures dont work.

3. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Perry, MI
    What a clever idea. Easy cheap and you can put water anywhere you want it. I'd like to see pics of the other side connections and where/how you ran the pex line. Hmm I think I see a Bayside mod coming . . .
    Thanks!

4. ken1207

ken1207 Member

Aug 26, 2012
    For the pex I used a crimper, I was unable to use the pex tubing holders so I used ones for copper pipe. The pipe holders are attached to the frame. I had to drill the holes first, not easy on your back under the camper. The door side of the pex tubing I use standard 1/2 inch braided supply line to go the faucet. When I camp next week I will get some pictures of the set up at the campground.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  5. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Perry, MI
    Good stuff. Thanks for the underside pic and the description. HD here I come!

6. BayMom

BayMom Member

Jul 2, 2018
    Northern NJ
    You've started the wheels in my brain turning. I love this idea!

7. justwork

justwork Member

Mar 27, 2017
    That is pretty clever. I wonder if I could use some quick disconnects, because we use the outdoor "shower" mostly to spray off bikes and muddy feet. Would be nice to actually have a hook up on the door side of the camper. Gears are turning.

8. ken1207

ken1207 Member

Aug 26, 2012
    friartuck likes this.
  9. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    This is a great idea. I was just considering adding tie-ins into my hot water tank to send water lines to the door
    side, but since we never use the outside shower, this is much easier, and I like the idea. I'm assuming you just set
    your desired temp from the shower and it sends a mixture of hot and cold to the faucet? Thanks for sharing, btw!

10. Riveyman

Riveyman Member

Apr 15, 2014
    NC
    Very cleaver, I like it. Ideas flowing.