Outdoor Sink

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by John Maiani, Jul 10, 2018.

1. John Maiani

John Maiani New Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Has anyone built a little outdoor sink.The rockwood sink on my A-Frame looks a little small for washing larger items.I know it doesn't have a gray water tank so i have to improvise some kind of plumbing to make it work.

2. Dan from Troup

Dan from Troup Active Member

Apr 25, 2018
    Troup, Texas
    We use a kiddie pool. Na...just kidding. [KK]

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    There have been quite a few outdoor sink projects posted on here, from simple to elaborate. Most reports would be in the "In the garage" and "At the campsite" sections, rather than specific to A-frames. Some use fish cleaning tables, etc. If you do a search for "Sink" and such you should be able to pull them up, or just scan through the various mod sections.
    We do it extremely simply, with a set of RV dishpans and a gray water bucket. We used to just heat water on the stove, sometimes still do, but we have a hot water tank in the TT. We have a couple of tables that adjust to countertop height, so the dishpans are at a good level.
    Our set is the Camco dish pans, the drainer fits inside.

Rik Peery likes this.
  4. John Maiani

John Maiani New Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Thanks.That's a good idea.

5. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Active Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Virginia
    Just 2 of us, we heat water up & have a collapsible circular vinyl coated canvas tote to soak the dishes etc in, then use a sponge to wash 'em & rinse 'em under a portable water bag; if it's freezing cold, we revert to a spork & paper plates...

6. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    Aldi has some collapsible tubs. I have a set I bought last year, and one is a drying rack with a removable drain plug. I fill one up with hot water for cleaning and another for rinsing. However this year I just might try using a countertop dishwasher I got for free. Sits on my camp kitchen and hooks up to my outdoor faucet, and drains into an aquatainer. Pure luxury!

7. John Maiani

John Maiani New Member

Jun 20, 2018
    I ran across a plastic tub that resembles a sink.I can sit it on one of my wifes old avon tv trays with a plastic top.Thought i could put it by my outside shower unit and have hot and cold water to wash the dishes with.I'll have to do a little plumbing to go into the water jug.

8. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    I use one of the fish cleaning tables plus a couple collapsible dish tubs for washing dishes. My gray water tank is just a 5 gallon bucket with a hole cut in the lid to fit the drain hose tightly.

9F86AEE9-11F8-4CD3-8A4D-EC587DC104FB.jpeg

Rik Peery and CivilizedOne like this.
  9. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Active Member

10. John Maiani

John Maiani New Member

Jun 20, 2018
    I just ordered an aluminum table.It's 2x4 ft.I have a tub that resembles a sink,I'm going to mount a spikot on the side with a drain hose to my gray water container tank (Cat Litter Jug)

Rik Peery likes this.