Outdoor Table Tops

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Camping Family, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Camping Family

Camping Family New Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Cleveland, OH
    We've been camping for many many years as a family of 5, now down to 4!!(Off to Collage)
    We have actually upgraded to a 2017 Rockwood with 3 sides and are now camping in luxury!!!
    with our old PUP I never hesitated making upgrades or "improvements" thinking I had nothing to lose because of the PUP's age?? now that's its brand new I really think twice. One thing I want to do is make the table that attaches to the camper on the outside a little longer. it is made of some type of Plastic??? does anyone know what I'm referring to and where do I find it??
    Thanks for all the advice and tips so far. this site is a hidden gem for campers!!!!!

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Dec 22, 2002
    Malvern, PA
    Welcome to PopUpPortal.

A lot of people take the bracket that holds the external grill and create a shelf out of wood or using those white wire shelving to hang o the side of the camper.

Camping Family likes this.
  3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    I use a fold up table and do a lot of my cooking on it. Your table top covering is probably glued onto some sort of particle board which would be hard to "add onto"

4. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    Welcome from the mountains of West Virginia

5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    awelcome.jpg
    Greetings from the Connecticut shoreline.

6. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Hello and welcome from Minnesota!

We have a table that attaches to the outside but use THIS portable folding table instead. That way, we can move it anywhere we choose and aren't tied down to one spot that we have to use it.

IMG_6285.JPG

7. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    Just like above I have a small table I use that is entirely made out of plastic so no worries if it gets wet. I can also move it around to where it works better for my use. I put my extra lynx blocks under the table to raise it up some so I'm not hunched if I need to use it as a prep surface. My old popup had a table that attached to the side of the camper, but it was all partical board and could not get wet. So was often not used outside. Between dew, rain, and high humidity of where I camp it was too risky. I wouldn't know where you could even get an extra table unless you try the manufacturer but price wise a portable table will probably be a whole lot cheaper.

8. Camping Family

Nov 28, 2018
    Cleveland, OH
    Thanks for the welcome everyone!

BikeNFish likes this.
  9. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

May 23, 2018
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina. Anything made of particle board should not be used outside, or inside really. Particle board should have been banned years ago. It's just sawdust and bad glue.

Sjm9911 and Camping Family like this.
  10. Camping Family

Nov 28, 2018
    Cleveland, OH
    Amazing your campsite looks very close to ours?? looking at the blue tote you have on the shelf attached to the camper is what I was referring to. Ours is made out of a black plastic??? and I was looking to expand that to hold a coffee pot and microwave( out of any wet conditions)

BikeNFish likes this.
  11. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    If you can find a large enough plastic cutting board, that often works. Keep in mind, however, that too much weight will pull against the sidewall of the pup if you’re not careful and could eventually lead to some delam. Less is more when it comes to attaching things to the outside walls.
    6’ FoldUp tables can be had for under $40 and hold a LOT more.

12. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    I have a really cool roll top table that was included with my pop up, was about the same size as a folding camp chair. Additionally i have a aluminum smaller folding table for the grill, easy and movable.

13. Sjm9911

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    If you can see them in the immage. There both there .

Attached Files:

14. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Great looking set-ups guys!! Sjm - that's a nice screen tent! Looks a lot like my buddy's Clam shelter! I too prefer to use the stand alone tables, and have both a folding plastic one and an aluminum roll-top model.

15. Sjm9911

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Ty , ty, its a kock off on Amazon.

neighbormike likes this.