Owners Manual for 2006 Fleetwood Scorpion S1

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by andyznet, Feb 19, 2014.

1. andyznet

andyznet New Member

Feb 19, 2014
    I just purchased a 2006 Fleetwood Scorpion S1 trailer and I am looking for the owners manual. I saw a generic owners manual in the "Owners's Manuals" section but nothing specific to this model. I understand that fleetwood sold their popups to Coleman and that Coleman is now gone. The trailer is in very good shape but I would also be interested in the best place to get parts if needed.

Thanks

andy

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Most of the manuals seem to be for several models.. For example, the one for our 2010 Coleman Cobalt includes info for a couple of other ones in the Evo line.

As for parts, many are generic. Beckley's is one place which acquired a lot of the leftovers:
    http://colemanpopupparts.com

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Coleman - as in coolers, lanterns, stoves, etc. - did not manufacture campers. The name has been licensed to a number of manufacturers. At the end, Coleman pups were made by FTCA, Inc. There is a long explanation on here somewhere, the gist is that FTCA was owned by a holding company, which let it go belly-up. IIRC, there is now a Coleman TT made by another manufacturer.

As I commented before, many parts are generic or from other manufacturers, such as furnaces and refrigerators. The lift system was Coleman specific, but those parts seem to be available too. Replacement canvas, in whole or part, is available from Canvas Replacements and Bear Creek Canvas. (They also may have other parts, I know RC has moldings, etc. in their eBay store for Colemans, and they also h ave far more stock than is listed on the website or eBay.)

BTW, welcome.

4. andyznet

andyznet New Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Thanks for the replies. I will look at both of those sites.

5. CamL48

CamL48 New Member

Feb 20, 2012
    No. Fleetwood bought the Pop-Up business from Coleman in 1989. Fleetwood continued to license the Coleman brand through 2003, but didn't sell anything to Coleman. From 2004 through 2009, IIRC, the trailers carried the Fleetwood brand. In 2009 or 2010, the Coleman brand was restored and used until the plant closed mid-2011 (model year, not necessarily calendar year).

Coleman did manufacture trailers from the 1960s through 1989. At that point, they sold the entire business, factory included, to Fleetwood. A combo of poor quality (ABS roofs), market downturn (we all remember 2008/2009, right?), and ongoing litigation with Coleman over licensing/branding rights essentially killed the company per kitphantom's post.

As mentioned above, most of the parts of Fleetwood/Coleman PUPs are third-party and plentiful. The manual, if not located in the libraries here, could be near impossible to find.

Good luck.

6. andyznet

andyznet New Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Colemanpopupparts has a lot of stuff that I am looking for.

7. ponderosa

ponderosa New Member

Apr 9, 2014
    If you find one..let's us now...We just purchased an 2005 S1 scorpion and are having the same problem...

8. Bill Goodwin

Bill Goodwin New Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Arizona
    Has anyone had any luck finding an owners manual... specifically a wiring diagram. We purchased a 2006 S2 and not all the lights work and we are not sure what all the switches control.

9. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
  10. Bill Goodwin

Bill Goodwin New Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Arizona
    Thank you for the information Ray. There are 3 on/off toggle switches just inside the door. I had to replace all 3 as they were stuck in the off position. Toggling them does not appear to turn anything on or off. The overhead lights do not come on when their switch is in the on pos and the bulbs appear to be good with a quick visual. Will be pulling them and applying power with test leads later today. The only thing that works when the batteries are connected is the radio.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome and appreciated.

11. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    On my N2Me hybrid I had two switches inside the door. Neither one seemed to work. Well one was for the dinette light, but it also had an on/off switch on its base. The base switch was off so the wall switch didn't do anything. The second switch was for the porch light, which of coarse had a bad bulb. LOL. Many Colemans had "step lights" also.