Ozark Trail 2 Room Shower Shelter

Discussion in 'Port-A-Potties / Cassette Toilets / Bath Houses' started by skysummit, Sep 3, 2013.

1. skysummit

skysummit Member

Now that we're a few mods into our NTU PUP, a potty is next on the list to purchase. I've been thinking about getting the $49 shelter from Walmart, but this one caught my eye. Later down the road, I think it would be a nice set up to extend our outdoor shower and also house the porta potty.

Anyone have anything similar?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-2-Room-Instant-Shower-Utility-Shelter/22659695?action=product_interest&action_type=title&placement_id=irs_top&strategy=PWVAV&visitor_id=31083132498&category=0%3A4125%3A4128%3A1080844%3A1080864&client_guid=78c60475-863d-4cd5-a4a9-8738db254465&config_id=2&parent_item_id=21550152&guid=3f926b36-a394-4dde-b206-43b1cd571fd2&bucket_id=000&findingMethod=p13n

2. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

We have the Northwest Territories (Kmart) version. DO NOT hang a 3 gal. solar shower bag from the hook provided for that purpose. Unless you want to replace 3 or 4 poles. [:(!] But it is nice to have separate potti changing areas.
    And if you are going to run an extended shower hose (http://www.title-3.com/Shower.htm) you'll have to do some cutting and sewing.

3. skysummit

skysummit Member

With that model, is there a way to run the hose under it and strap it along one of the poles to the top?

4. teejaywhy

teejaywhy Active Member

From my experience, the Walmart Ozark Trail brand is the worst quality crap sold anywhere.

5. donkpup

donkpup New Member

we just got an ozark trail shower tent from walmart... to use with our outdoor shower hose... works well but definitely wouldn't hang a bag from the interior hook.

6. abc123

abc123 New Member

What about the grey water? I figure a state park would say something. I have thought about building a shower area and put a container for shower / grey water about 6 inches off the ground. Drill a hole and connect a hose to it and run to grey water hookup at site.

7. candleems

candleems Member

Kmart has their 2 room shower tent on sale for about $50.

8. skysummit

skysummit Member

Thanks. I'll be picking one up this week.

As for grey water, I'm more interested in using it for a roomy potty area rather than showers.

9. abc123

abc123 New Member

Yep, this is making me rethink installing our Thetford Curve we ordered. However, I don't think the DW will want to go outside in the middle of the night even if to a close by tent. I was thinking more for a shower but we will be staying at a lot of state parks and the restrooms/showers are very nice in most.

10. skysummit

skysummit Member

I tried to order a Thetford 465e last week, but my local dealer said it was replaced with a new model so we ordered that one. I'm not sure of the model though. Never thought I'd ever look forward to getting a potty in the mail.

11. skysummit

skysummit Member

12. abc123

abc123 New Member

Yes, that is it. I called a couple places and both said it was on backorder so I just purchased thru ebay. It was about $5 more but I needed it now and not the middle of Oct when they said they expected them. Who did you order from?

We are taking out the 3 way and installing it there. It is the only location tall enough for the potti. I am cutting the counter and putting in a hinge so you just lift up and then you can sit down. To cover the front we are attaching a curtain to the counter. The curtain will lift when you lift the counter, let down and the curtain will go to the floor. It basically replaces the front door of the old 3 way fridge.

I do not like the 3 way anyway and was going to replace with a dorm electric fridge anyway.

13. skysummit

skysummit Member

I ordered mine from the same dealer that I got my PUP from, Bus Supply Company in McComb, MS...about 45 minutes north of where I live. I ordered it there because I get a discount there from my buying my PUP with them. I checked today, and it was still not in, so I'm guessing it may be on back order on this end too. I would have liked to have it for this weekend, but it's not a necessity.

14. skysummit

skysummit Member

Ours came in today. I just picked it up.

15. abc123

abc123 New Member

Great! Our actually came yesterday. Seems very nice for a porta potti! LOL!!!