Platte River Campground - Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by theseus, Jul 18, 2018.

1. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    I have reservations for Platte River Campground at Sleeping Bear Dunes NP first week in October. Does anyone have any advice for me about the campground or surrounding area? We love hiking and being out in nature...

Thanks!

2. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    Ok all consider this a report. The Platte River Campground is fantastic. They have recently refurbished the entire campground. Sites are huge! Large sand pads with nice tables and fire rings. This is in addition to the paved area for your camper.

Bathrooms are clean and nice. Showers are nice sized but only 2 total per bathroom building.

My family wants to return during the summer to canoe and kayak. But the colors of the fall foliage were great too.

This is a keeper

3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Sounds like y'all found a great CG. with outstanding sites and the scenery was really fantastic. That is what make camping so great. I know you will return again and maybe drown a few worms while there:) Some pictures would of the trip would be :)
    Good Luck and Keep On Camping