Please help 1960s nimrod camper info

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by Jamison Steenbarger, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Jamison Steenbarger

Jamison Steenbarger New Member

Apr 16, 2018
    i am new to the older campers but came across a nimrod pop up camper with the slide out beds at and auction and couldnt turn it down for the price it went for. However when I got it home and set it up I found that the mice made a buffet out of my canvas. I have searched online and found that the new canvas can be made for around $1200. I really would like to know if anyone has had any luck finding them cheaper or if anyone had one laying around they would like to part way with.
    The auction company said it was a 1966 but I believe it is older. Could anyone on here tell me what they think or how to check with the serial number that was in the door. Couldn’t find a actual vin just serial number. C7D40B83-76C8-4536-9B69-92C146E877AF.jpeg B1AC3BC2-3A4D-46AA-B2C2-1B3B03892BF1.jpeg

jnc likes this.
  2. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Sorry I cant help. I do like your rig.I would consider washing & patching so you can say it's a Survivor!

Jamison Steenbarger likes this.
  3. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

Mar 29, 2012
    SE Georgia
    I can't help with the canvas, I just wanted to give you props for trying to save such a cool camper. That thing is great! I agree with jnc; personally, I'd do my best to save the original canvas just because ... it's original. Man, that thing is just too cool! How about posting some more pics to include the interior? Super cool! :)

4. Jamison Steenbarger

Apr 16, 2018
    Will do. As soon as indiana decides it’s spring and not winter I’m going to get it back out and start tinkering with it. Girlfriend thought I was crazy but I like saving stuff that’s different and old. They have to be getting rare. When I google it I can only find a handful of pictures of them.

5. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

Mar 29, 2012
    SE Georgia
    I hear ya! It's 41° this morning here in GA. I think mother nature has gone bipolar.

Have you tried www.popupcamperhistory.com yet? There's a decent amount of information there and, at the least, might help you determine the year and/or model.

6. Jamison Steenbarger

Apr 16, 2018
    I did look briefly but couldn’t find much on them. Seems to be less of them out there than I had originally thought.