Please recommend good sites in Ontario within 3 hours from toronto

Discussion in 'Ontario' started by geogol, Mar 2, 2017.

1. geogol

geogol New Member

Oct 1, 2016
    I use only Pinery and Balsam lake. I am looking good sandy beaches, good facilities with shower, electric sites. Sandbanks what good sites there to book? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    Lots of good parks within a 3 hour drive of Toronto (once you clear the GTA in any direction) .. You have all the parks up the West Coast in addition to The Pinery there are Inverhuron, Point Farms, MacGregor and Sauble .. I can't speak too much of the beaches as we camp with the dogs and they aren't allowed on the human beaches..

Stretching the 3 hour mark you have Arrowhead, Grundy both have excellent people and dog beaches. Even Oastler has a great beach for humans if you don't mind the train noise.. Craigleith is a nice small older park, no beach though, but your vehicle camping permit does get you into some of the Provincial run parking lots at Wasaga Beach free..

geogol likes this.
  3. geogol

geogol New Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Thank you very much for your input!

4. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    And if there are any sites still available there are the Ontario Rallies planned for this Year..

5. Redbird934

Redbird934 Member

Mar 5, 2017
    My favourite close enough to Toronto but far enough away that it's not full of young people partying is Baslam Lake. We go at least once a year, nice beach, nice site, good programming and a cute store right beside the park.

6. aljo

aljo New Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Couple of our favorites are Killbear on Georgian Bay and Charleston Lake in Kingston..both within 3hr drive from Toronto.

7. POPUP MUNKY

POPUP MUNKY New Member

May 4, 2017
    Ontario Canada
    Rock Point has a portion of the beach open for dogs. It's just outside of Dunville on Lake Erie.

8. TMac007

TMac007 1989 Coleman Shenandoah / 2013 Ford Escape

Jun 23, 2015
    Silver Lake which is north of Kingston on Hwy 7 was beautiful on the long weekend. Had a playground for the kids, and a beach, there were dogs in the park but I don't remember if they were in the water or not.

9. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    I'll add the Inverhuron PP now has a playground and toilet facility near the dog beach/ boat launch area.

10. cdn_tbird

cdn_tbird Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Add Restoule PP to the list. Great little park with some of the best hiking trails around. It's as far north as Grundy Lake but off of Hwy 11. Drive time is a little over 3 hrs, but that is because Hwy 524 is a very windy drive.

11. Canoe2fish

Canoe2fish Member

Apr 14, 2014
    I like the quieter parks. Pinery, Bon Echo and Killbear are very nice, but very, very busy with a lot of late night folks. I prefer smaller parks. Arrowhead is nice as is 6 mile lake (through the week...weekends can be busy)

Now I drive much further. My fave parks to date are Killarney, Arrowhead, Halfway lake, Bonnechere and the remote side of Bon Echo. Killarney is my ultimate.

12. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    See we prefer a few of the odd campgrounds.. Oastler and Craigleith .. Love Arrowhead, which is right at that 3 night weekend limit of 1 hour drive for each night of camping..