POOP IN THE PUP! (A Truly Crappy Thread)

Discussion in 'Port-A-Potties / Cassette Toilets / Bath Houses' started by BikeNFish, Dec 14, 2018.

Do you poop in the pup?

1. Absolutlely! That is why I have it!

10 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. Sometimes. Only in an emergency.

11 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. No. Never.

20 vote(s)
    45.5%
  4. What a terrible question.

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

May 28, 2018
    California
    Yep. Really. :)

You'll hear/read folks go on about needing to break down the solids and TP. TP will dissolve without help (just stay away from Northern) and the solids just need water in the tank to keep from solidifying to the tank (the poo pyramid). A bit of dish detergent helps against that solidifying and is cheap and always on hand.

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    It took us some trial and error to find the chemical that works best in the 10 gallon black tank in our TT. Odorlos is what works for our water, body chemistry, and amount of use. Not scented, which is great.
    We usually use Scott RV toilet paper, along with Costco septic safe TP. We now only flush poo-ed paper, other paper and wipes get tossed in the wastebasket and into the dumpster. We used that routine & an absolute minimum of water, the first time when we were trying to eke out 10 nights on that 10 gallon tank. It worked well, so we continue to follow it. I think we get away with using a minimum of water on those longer trips because we dump and rinse ASAP, and usually have a good long drive to agitate it all before we get to a dump station. (On shorter trips, we try to gauge it so we end up with full tanks at the end of the trip, if we have water hookups it's easier to do that. This year, we also filled the tanks with mostly fresh water once we got home, after we had a less-than-an-efficient dump angle at the end of a trip. that worked so well that we decided we probably should try to do a fill with fresh water and dump once a season or so.)

3. J Starsky

J Starsky Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    East Central MN
    It's just warm enough so it will not freeze upon exit [LOL][LOL][LOL]

kcsa75 likes this.
  4. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Whole reason I bought the TT that we have is that it has a “full” bathroom. There’s a door, a window and an overhead vent with fan. If the need arises it gets used. Having said that, I’m pretty regular so CG facilities are option #1.

5. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, California
    I just cleaned out the Thedford cassette portable tank no poop in there!

6. Muller 5

Muller 5 Member

Jan 6, 2019
    STL
    We don't have a toilet, and we are used to tenting, so a bathhouse is no big deal. That said, my 3 year old is just beginning to potty train so his potty making the trip with us is a strong possibility.