Pop Out Hybrid Shades???

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by LisaMarie, Oct 20, 2017.

1. LisaMarie

LisaMarie Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Owner of a 2014 Rockwood Roo 233S
    We have 3 hybrid bed in this rig that pops out, but they are all a nice off white/tan canvas.
    They filter the light fantastic during the day, but early morning as the sun is coming up they filter the same brightness.
    Does anyone know if there is anything out there for hybrids to create a darker sleeping space? or has anyone gotten creative in making something for theirs? Hybrid or popup, same sleeping quarters.

I was thinking of making curtains for the ends (the pole is there), but am concerned about the rings putting extra pressure on the canvas. Also have no side poles for the sides and the top is the worst!

Thanks!

2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Macomb County Michigan
    We just put tarps over the bunk ends to reduce the light coming in. We tie them down with bungie cords.

3. LisaMarie

LisaMarie Member

Jul 17, 2015
    That was thought, but seems like a pain. Was hoping I could get creative and "make" something permanent.

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    On my popup I just use reflectix in between the canvas and screen. A thought I have been playing around with but haven't tried at least on my popup was devising a cord to attach to the back bar of the bunk and the side board on the roof by each side and just make curtains. Problem would be how to get curtains to stay put on the angle. And how to make them decent looking.

5. GalsofEscape

GalsofEscape Active Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Maryland
    Popup gizmos (pugs) do a wonderful job darkening the ends along with the reflixtic in the windows.

upstate family likes this.
  6. Popiworks

Popiworks Paddle faster, I hear banjos!

Jul 22, 2014
    I just use a sleeping mask.:)

7. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Mar 11, 2010
    X2

8. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    I do the same thing. It works great, and is very little work to set up. Plus the Gizmos keep the heat out/in and protects the canvas as well.

9. azbirddog42

azbirddog42 Bullhead City, Arizona

Aug 25, 2009
    Bullhead CIty, AZ
    I have a Jayco Feather Export 17C. For the windows I made slide in shades made from
    reflectix. They slide in between the screen and the shade. They keep the heat in in the winter and the Sun and heat out in the summer. I also have High Wind Gizmos. CIMG0006.JPG