Pop up Pre-Op

Discussion in 'Camp Driveway' started by Swannybruh, Jan 18, 2018.

1. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Chicago suburbs
    Well I never said I thought anyone would attack us. However I do think it's possible that a couple of unsupervised teenagers I know of might try to come in and steal stuff or damage stuff. Did I mention that I witnessed this same teenager and his friend literally rip a small branch off a tree in my backyard? Seeing I have 3 specific incidents of people destroying my property, I don't think I'm being paranoid.

Also my intent here was to show OP that, yes, others feel the same.

2. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

Sep 11, 2017
    LA - Lower Alabama
    That's nice. If the more expensive beds don't do that, I'll never know because I buy cheap. I'd rather have several somethings than just something. Or, if I can't get what I want, I get nothing at all. It use to drive my mama nuts when she took us shopping because my sisters would always find something, and I'd leave the store without buying anything.

3. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

Sep 11, 2017
    LA - Lower Alabama
    That's my worry too.

4. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

Fair enough. The OP specifically mentioned "the security of [their] family" so I was kind of responding to both thoughts at once.

5. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Chicago suburbs
    Fair enough as well : )

TIL I'm old enough to rant about unsupervised teenagers.

tfischer likes this.
  6. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

Sep 11, 2017
    LA - Lower Alabama
    LOL, I'm old enough to rant about unsupervised adults!

One of the disadvantages of a popup that I see, is not being able to pull of the road in a rest area to sleep while traveling. I don't mean set up camp with awning and lawn chairs, but just to rest from driving.

7. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

We've slept in ours in our oldest daughter's driveway when we didn't have power here. Never any concern about safety. The only reason criminals would come near a camper in a driveway is to steal it. Obviously, a popped-up pop up is not an easy target. I can't imagine anyone getting near it.

At home, I've spent plenty of nights sleeping in the camper, but we live way out in the country, surrounded by woods. A person would have to be trespassing by 1/4 mile down our driveway just to get to the clearing where our home is. And dogs would have run them off way before that.

Mamie likes this.