PopUp Camping Tips

Discussion in 'PopUpPortal TV' started by LanternLightFarm, Apr 30, 2017.

1. LanternLightFarm

LanternLightFarm New Member

May 16, 2016
    Thought we would share some of our PUP camping tips with everyone, let us know if you have more ideas or thoughts!

2. FunSeekers

FunSeekers New Member

May 17, 2017
    St Petersburg, FL
    Thanks some great ideas!

3. bsandey

bsandey Active Member

Jun 9, 2005
    Red Wing, MN
    I don't like speaking ill of my ex-wife. We still get along fine, and she is the mother of my children. But, when we were married, this was one thing that she could never learn. We had to bring so much crap with us camping, and it was always a pain in the rear to find places to put it. For example, we had to bring an electric toaster, electric coffee maker, etc., and then also bring a stove top toaster and peculating coffee pot (on the stove) in case we had no electricity. I'm now divorced, and just got an even smaller camper than we had. I'm still in the process of loading it up (just picked it up a couple days ago), but I'm not too concerned about running out of space. In face, I'm thinking I might have a problem with not filling up the space enough, and things shifting around on me.

Good tips in the video! Really comes down to only bringing what you need, not what you might need. A stove top toaster is fine for me, and I have no plans to carry a larger electric one. I've got rid of my electric coffee pot at home and use a french press, and I plan to use the same camping. What I really like is the collapsible cookware. I didn't even know those existed! I'll have to search for those. Do you have a link where they can be purchased?

4. MrsSquid

MrsSquid Active Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Virginia
    I hadn't thought about netting to keep the shoes off the floor. I'm going to have to look at our wall space.

5. bsandey

bsandey Active Member

Jun 9, 2005
    Red Wing, MN
    Here's an item I just bought to help save space - A over the door plastic bag holder. I have a cassette toilet inside a cabinet (built in), and what better place to hang a trash bag inside the camper! Mount this on the cabinet door, hang a plastic shopping bag (which we never run out of), and close up the cabinet. Out of the way, and easy to access.

6. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

I just told my wife that I need to take out stuff for cold weather and leave em at home. also the crock pot that is rarely used... and another ton of stuff taken out!