Porta Potty uses gel w/throw-away bag?

Discussion in 'Port-A-Potties / Cassette Toilets / Bath Houses' started by SallieD, Aug 26, 2017.

1. SallieD

SallieD New Member

Aug 25, 2017
    Hello,
    We're looking for a porta potty for our new Aliner Ranger 12. A couple we met last year at an RV park, brought us onboard their PUP and, when we asked out of curiosity, showed us their porta potty. It really (really) was odorless which impressed us. They also raved about the disposal system. Everything was in a plastic bag. When putting a new plastic bag, they added powder. After use, the powder turned to a gel. It was a couple only, no kids. After a few days, they tied up the plastic bag and threw it all away in the RV park garbage can. We were told it was an environmentally sound method. No water in any tank; no emptying anything into a CG toilet or disposal tank. Has anyone here heard of such a thing? I've looked through lots of posts here, searched for "gel", etc., but I do not see anything described like this. I've googled "porta potty with gel", but nothing shows up.

Thanks for your help!

2. generok

generok Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Anchorage, AK
    What you are talking about used to be called "Wag Bag" but is now called Cleanwaste. The bag has a gelling and deodorizing powder, and zips up.

Here's the company's website: http://www.cleanwaste.com/go-anywhere-toilet-kit

You can get them at many sporting goods stores like REI and Sportsmans Warehouse.

As a wastewater professional, I am always willing to help out in this area. The Wag Bag is very popular at refugee camps where sanitation facilities relying upon water are scarce.

There may be other companies making the same thing, but Wag Bag was kind of the first. They also make a plastic seat device to hang the bag.

Good luck!

SallieD likes this.
  3. SallieD

SallieD New Member

Aug 25, 2017
    Yes! I found it at REI. I really like that no water is used. Since I've seen it inside a small camper, and I know it didn't smell at all, then I think we'll give it a try. Thank you!

4. OkieCamper

OkieCamper Member

May 15, 2015
    Try searching online for Poo Powder. Bought in past from Wal-Mart or Amazon. Used bags with the powder when we had our Chalet A-Frame also used clumping type cat litter too. Didn't have an order problem with either. Used the Luggable Loo seat on a bucket.

SallieD likes this.
  5. SallieD

SallieD New Member

Aug 25, 2017
    I was wondering about this, how to get the powder. So thank you for your reply.