PORTABLE 12VDC TANKLESS AIR COMPRESSOR

Discussion in 'Boondocking' started by roybraddy, Nov 18, 2017.

1. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    I have the Q-Industries SUPERFLOW MV50 Tankless Air Compressor unit which I have had back in my JEEP TRAIL days...

[​IMG]

Here lately it has been taking a while to air up my 80PSI tires so I thought I would order a new replacement 16-foor coil hose and Carry Bag. Got these from https://www.superflowair.com/

The replacement hose brought back some new life to my tankless air compressor. My old hose kit was loosing some air for sure Was just about ready to go get a new one but I think I good for a few more years now...

This unit works great for me to air up my OFF-ROAD POPUP trailer and truck tires by just setting the unit on the dropped tail gate of my truck and i can walk around to all of my tires. I clip into the close-by 12V battery bank of the OFF-ROAD trailer.

I also use the MV-50 to blow out my OFF-ROAD TRAILER water lines for a real quick winterizing over night if needed. This uses an air adapter screwed into the CITY WATER port of the trailer.

All looks neat and ready to roll in its new Black Carry Bag. I carry this under the back seat of my truck...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

2. ezakoske

ezakoske Active Member

Nov 30, 2014
    I have the same compressor, which I originally bought to inflate innertubes for floating down the Kern river. Good to know about the hose - I haven't noticed that yet, but something to keep an eye on! It's probably time for a new bag for mine also as the plastic clips are shot.
    Thanks!

Erik

3. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    Erik - My hose fits over the connector and is held in place with a spring... I guess over time this all doesn't fit as tights as it did when new...

I did have to determine which Quick Disconnect AIR connector I had on my compressor. They have two different connectors Type M or Type Q... Mine is the TYPE Q fitting...
    [​IMG]

The TYPE M fitting looks like this
    [​IMG]

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

4. ezakoske

ezakoske Active Member

Nov 30, 2014
    I have the Q fitting also. I'll be using my compressor today, as it happens.

Erik