Pressure build up in city water tank

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by tampagator, Nov 9, 2018.

1. tampagator

tampagator New Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Hi everyone,

Please forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I have just developed an external leak at my city water connection. At our last outing, I hooked up the hose (with filter and pressure regulator) and within a few seconds of the water being on, it began to leak. It leaks once pressure builds up. I disconnected it and checked the seals several times, but it still leaks.

I assume I need to replace the inlet. However, I'm concerned that there is another issue since the pressure seems very high when I push the check valve. I am sure that it is just the inlet since it leaks even if I have the faucet inside open or the shower on. Just wanted to get someone's input.

Thanks

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Unscrew the escuchen plate around the inlet, a new peice should screw right on.

3. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
  4. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    The O-ring has rolled over, likely caused by someone pushing on the check valve like you did.. A leading cause is from having the pump on while winterizing and pressing on the check valve ..

Yes there can be pressure behind that check valve.. it is normal..