Problem w/ AC or just condensation

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by rlu929s, Aug 27, 2008.

1. rlu929s

rlu929s New Member

Took the camper out on our first trip this past weekend which was only 1 night. We had the AC going pretty much the entire time without an issue. The problem came when taking it down. Were in a hurry because it was starting to rain so it was very humid and moist outside.

We turned off the AC and not long after water started dripping off of it into the camper. We wiped it off and closed up the camper. When I got it home I opened it to dry it out and noticed there were are couple damp spots where water had soaked through the sheets and into our mattress on the bed that was under the AC when the camper was down.

Is this normal due to the conditions or is something wrong with our AC?

2. KISMETT

KISMETT New Member

It may be that your gasket under the ac is not compressed or watertight. From the inside, tighten the four long corner bolts but do not overtighten. It could also be that the ac drain holes in the base pan are plugged w/ debris. You can gain access to them by removing the exterior shroud.

Edited by - KISMETT on August 27 2008 16:35:11

3. chaka1

chaka1 New Member

I had the same problem water leaking in, so I removed the inside cab cover and sure enough, the four thru rod bolts were all loose so I just retighten them down, no more leaky! good luck!

2005 Fleetwood Temberlake fully loaded
    1999 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Edited by - chaka1 on August 27 2008 15:40:03

4. rlu929s

rlu929s New Member

I'll have a look then before the next camping trip. Thanks for the info!