pump faucet replacement

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by drgiese, Mar 21, 2018.

1. drgiese

drgiese Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Northern California
    My hand pump faucet is broken. I'm thinking about using something like this to replace it: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074DFGMVZ/ref=twister_B074DFQFH4?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

The existing water jug stores right below the sink, so I think the installation should be pretty simple. I think I'd have to take the faucet off to travel, and create some kind of flange to cover any gap around the faucet during use to prevent splashing water from getting through.

My sink only holds about a quart, so it's really used mostly for handwashing and toothbrushing.

Thoughts?

2. BigTap

BigTap Active Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Worcester Area, MA
  3. drgiese

drgiese Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Northern California
    I definitely like the idea of a single faucet controlling both water from the onboard tank and city water. It just seems like there are a lot of steps involved in installing a pump. I know there are a few threads here about it; I'll have to continue my research.

I'm not sure how often I'd actually use city water, which is why the 5 gallon bottle pump is appealing to me; this is my first PUP - I've tent camped forever so the idea of even having hookups is foreign to me. :)

4. BigTap

BigTap Active Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Worcester Area, MA
    I got the momentary foot switch and pump that is used so when i have a 5 gallon supply hooked up i can have 2 step process for water. Turn faucet, step on switch. I am hoping that this helps preventing my 2 year old from turning the water on and blastinh through the supply. I think i may need to put a relay on the foot switch and an on off switch for it as a 3rd step now that i think of it so he doesnt try to step on the switch all the time.

5. crackerJack

crackerJack Active Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Scottsville, KY
    CA7D7D52-B2DB-4ECC-8043-FBBFDA54DACD.jpeg I camp with and without hookups. Connecting a garden hose is a lot easier then lugging around water totes to refill the tank. But, the best cg’s don’t have hookups. :)
    A piece of poly cutting board is a good way to modify the faucet mounting deck holes. I replaced my pump faucet with a laundry sink faucet.