Pup Fridge not working

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by Colorado #5, May 22, 2017.

1. Colorado #5

Colorado #5 New Member

I have a Dometic Fridge Model RM 2193. I have tried using it in electricity mode and gas mode and neither will chill the fridge. I have placed a bottle of water in it and let it run overnight to see if anything gets cold and nothing does.

Is this fridge shot?

2. frolin

frolin Member

I would do some search on how to clean it out really well, work on some baffles. Also, on mine, I took it out and let it sit upside down. I read somewhere the ammonia can settle if not used for an extended period. Between all this it works great! and mine would not cool either the day I brought it home.

3. xvz12

xvz12 Well-Known Member

When the wife & i first got married, we lived in a 19' 1959 model TT for a year....when we bought it, the fridge wouldn't cool. My dad told me about the separation thing, so I pulled the fridge out (no small job, but but was a good-sized fridge), rolled it end for end around the front yard for a while, put it back in place, where it promptly froze everything...lol. Was still working fine when we bought our house & I sold the TT.

4. Colorado #5

Colorado #5 New Member

Thanks for getting back to me guys. I saw a youtube vid of a guy doing just that. Didn't think it would work in my instance. The fridge however has not been used for a very long time. Maybe as long as 5 or 6 years. I am the third owner and the guy I bought it from said he never used it. It's also very dirty in the rear access compartment. So I will remove it for the pup and give it a good cleaning and a good roll over or two.