Pup Newbie from KS

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mrshopkins, Aug 6, 2018.

1. mrshopkins

mrshopkins New Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Wichita KS
    Hello from KS! Searching for our first pup. I’ve been lurking this site for some months now. I’ve learned so much from you all already!! Finally joined last month. More lurking and now my first post. My husband and I enjoyed many years of off-road dispersed tent camping in AZ. Moved back to KS and camping is just not the same. State park campgrounds and lots of people. We were so hesitant to get back into it. Have two kids now and finally getting back into camping. So different for us, but they love it! We are not the tent campers we once were and are looking to simplify our packing up and setting up process. We also want more comforts than our tent can provide. So looking to get into a pup. So excited for this transition! I’m sure I will spend many more hours accessing the wealth of knowledge you all provide! Thank you for sharing your experience!

2. megcabra

megcabra Active Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Chapel Hill, North Carolina
    Welcome and greetings from North Carolina to the portal!

mrshopkins likes this.
  3. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    Welcome from the West Virginia mountains. Know what you mean about the off road dispersed camping of which there is still plenty of that here.

mrshopkins likes this.
  4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    awelcome.jpg Greetings from the Connecticut shoreline.

mrshopkins likes this.
  5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Welcome!

mrshopkins likes this.
  6. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Welcome to the Portal from N/W Fl Panhandle. You will love the PUP that you choose, When you start looking, make sure the unit is what you want and that it will fulfill your needs. Kids love to camp and look forward to it, I know mine did and still love to camp, as well as their children. Camping is addictive and some of the lessons are life changing in that they will always be with the kids. You will also love the pup, especially after you do the mods to "make it your own" and you will really appreciate the unit in inclement weather, it is nice to sleep off the ground dry and warm (or cool)also not having to lug all the camping gear around as it is all there with you.
    Good Luck in the Search and Happy Camping

mrshopkins likes this.
  7. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    Welcome to the forum from one Kansas camper to another. [:)C]

mrshopkins likes this.
  8. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN