Put my mind at ease with a pop up. Insulating the canvas and bunk ends...

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by dbhost, Jun 7, 2019.

1. dbhost

dbhost Active Member

You know I am probably worrying about this much. Like I mentioned Above I have used pop UPS in the hottest part of the year here and the AC keeps up even when I'm camping with no shade. A lot of it I'm sure depends on the specific unit and You can be sure that it should work better then a nylon tent

Sjm9911 likes this.
  2. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Give it a shot and then mod away. I think you will be fine with pugs or a homemade copy at minimum. When I camped in Austin I worked out of the camper to save vacation days so I had to keep it cool so I could work.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. dbhost

dbhost Active Member

I've got a couple of silver Harbor freight tarps that I can use to throw over the bunk ends and like I mentioned above I also have plenty of left over attic foil. Bungee cords are plentiful so not worried about that.

I actually have the ability to work remotely at least A-day or 2 per week however our primary client is a little squeamish about having us out of office on Fridays. However if I am not having to interface with the clients I can schedule trips say work Thursday travel Thursday afternoon set up camp and finish up my work day at the table in the camper as Long as I have either Wi-Fi or strong 4G where I can use my tethering I can absolutely do that period Friday I can typically work early do the midday thing with the family man do the rest my work in evening and finish up for a week. And of course Saturday and Sunday just regular old camping days.

I honestly need a better laptop mine is several years old now and radically underpowered. I have seriously considered picking up because they're much cheaper a used but somewhat recent much higher powered all-in-one that has the ability for me to do a processor and RAM upgrade....