Quick connect fitting for griddle?

Discussion in 'Propane - Got Gas' started by NoleFan, Apr 9, 2019.

1. NoleFan

NoleFan New Member

Is there any adapter I can purchase to put on my little Blackstone griddle to use the house propane ILO the tiny canisters? If anything, it would be nice to have if I ran out of propane in the small canisters.

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Depends on the camper type. Some have high pressure propane, some have low, both fittings are diffrent. Your talking for the outside conection?

3. NoleFan

NoleFan New Member

Yes, it is the quick connect (I assume low pressure) on the outside of my 1995 Starcraft Starlounge.

4. Sjm9911

Is it a screw on fitting? Or quick connect?

5. NoleFan

NoleFan New Member

Quick connect like an air fitting.

6. Sjm9911

7. Sjm9911

8. McFlyfi

McFlyfi Active Member

I doubt your Blackstone griddle will run on low pressure propane supplied by your trailer.
    Is this the portable griddle? I would assume it has an internal regulator if you are just screwing a 1lb can on to it. Before buying some adapters and being frustrated as to why the griddle won't heat up, you should email Blackstone and ask them what the regulator on the griddle is set to.
    If it'd anything higher than 11" of water column (NOT 11 lbs psi) it's not going to work. Your low pressure quick connect will only supply 11" wc (less than 1lb PSI) standard RV low pressure.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  9. p

p Active Member

Two regulators,make a wrong.

Meaning....one regulator at your propane bottle and another at your griddle will not work. On some bbq ...you can semi easily remove the regulator and with a few fittings...connect it to the quick connect on the trailer. This works with weber and Coleman portable bbqs. Google it...lots of info.

10. Pnut

Pnut Member

You can get an adapter here. They have some with hoses and some with just the end.

11. giadiep

giadiep Active Member

12. rabird

rabird Howdy!

Thank you Pnut. The griddle has a low pressure reg @ the tiny bottle, removing it and using the above seems to be the SOLUTION. Sure looks like PG (propane gear) 'gets' it!

13. McFlyfi

McFlyfi Active Member

14. NoleFan

NoleFan New Member

Perfect! Glad it can be done. Just not sure I want it bad enough to spend $60 on it [:D]

Then again I am cheap.

15. Popiworks

Popiworks Paddle faster, I hear banjos!

Propane Gear also makes an adapter for the Coleman Road Trip grill that is so popular with campers. I have it on mine with a 10 foot hose. Works great.

16. giadiep

giadiep Active Member

I bought it for environmental reasons. I don't feel good about throwing away or trying to find a recycling place for the green bottles. I'm not a radical environmentalist, but it just feels weird to throw away green bottles while we're out enjoying nature. I know some have adapted ways to refill those green bottles, but I'm not comfortable with doing that. And the ones they sell specifically as refillable are still pretty expensive.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  17. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I have a 17" Blackstone griddle that I picked up last year. Currently I use it with an extension hose and some multi-taps on the bulk tanks up front. I also have a small 4.25 lb tank that I use for camping, and it often gets employed for extra appliances when I am cooking for a large group. I did modify my Weber and Coleman Road trip to run off the low pressure disconnect, and bought a hose for my Camp Chef to do the same thing. I am planning on getting the propane gear adapter though - it has been on my list since I got the griddle, but hasn't moved up to the top spot yet.

I did build a splitter for the quick connect, so now I have two ports outside. Depending on the needs I can run 2 low pressure and 2 high pressure hoses at the same time off the camper. For those week long stays I'll often have the Weber, Camp Chef stove and now the griddle. I don't use the Road Trip as much anymore like I used to - biggest issue I ran into was its wind performance, and I have run out of room.

You might consider getting just the adapter, and then a hose off Amazon with the male/female set of disconnects. That way in the event that you pick up a Weber Q or other stove/grill that can run off low pressure you can just get the nipple adapted to fit, and swap the disconnect as needed.