rant: AdventureRV.net

Discussion in 'RV Dealers & Repair Shops' started by BrianRosenthal, Jul 25, 2017.

1. BrianRosenthal

BrianRosenthal Member

Feb 23, 2011
    [This is not really about a dealer, but this seemed like the best place to post]

As we are going to southern Missouri to see the eclipse, we decided it was finally time to put A/C on the popup. After a bit of research, AdventureRV.net had the one I wanted, in stock and at a reasonable price so I ordered it up.

Sadly when it arrived via FedEx, it was clearly damaged, the cardboard packaging was ripped up, the little pallet it was on was broken where the AC had been attached to it, and the mounting bolts were badly bent. My daughter was home and signed for it, I would probably have refused delivery.

I filed a ticket with AdventureRV.net. I received a reply apologizing and promising to resolve this as quick as possible. I was directed to send photos to an email address; I took photos of the damaged unit without unpacking, as I didn't want to unpack it if they needed FedEx to look at it first, and sent them on.

I was then advised that the bolts were just for mounting and I should send photos of "actual damage". It took a couple of emails to confirm that I should unpack the unit. I unpacked the unit, inspected it and took more photos. The compressor mounts were bent, the compressor was no longer straight on the base, the base was bowed out about 1/2" where the compressor mounts and there was a dent on the top of the unit.

The customer service rep replied:

"This is because the pan is mad to flex. You can actually pull that compressor back to its place. It does not affect it in any way."
    I replied that I paid full price for an undamaged unit.

Rather than offer to replace the unit, they said they would refund my payment. Apparently it was my fault that it was damaged in shipment and they didn't want to deal with me anymore. They sent out shipping tags and advised me to:

"Please have the unit boxed up exactly how it was shipped to you to prevent no additional damage. Product must be in all original packaging."​

Since I couldn't very well ship it back on a broken pallet, I replaced the broken boards on the pallet and replaced the bent bolts and shipped it off.

Two weeks from the order, I've received my refund, but it's $9.62 short. I've reached out to the company, but have had no reply.

While I'm (mostly) satisfied with my refund, the whole experience was less than positive, so I wanted to relate my story for others to consider before ordering from AdventureRV.net.

The new AC I ordered from another vendor come via truck on a real pallet and in perfect condition.

-Brian

JPBar likes this.
  2. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Sorry for your bad experience with this place, but thanks for the heads up on them.

3. BrianRosenthal

BrianRosenthal Member

Feb 23, 2011
    I just got a reply about the $9.62:

"Shipping insurance was used and is not refundable."
    So I guess I paid for the shipping insurance they collected on.

-Brian

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Unfortunately some dealers are shady and it looks bad for the honest ones. Just be glad you got most of your money refunded and remember this one if you need assistance again..Glad you finally got a new un-damaged unit.