Replace wheel assembly but the axle beam 99 C/F Nevada GTS

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by CamperLover, Nov 5, 2018.

1. CamperLover

CamperLover For evil to triumph, Good men do nothing

Jul 28, 2015
    Hi all.

I have owned my Coleman Fleetwood Nevada GTS for almost 3 years. I have rebuilt it from almost the frame up. I have never messed with or worked on axles before. What I am looking for is to replace everything but the axle beam. I have searched this site and I have the manual, but can't figure out for sure what size and parts I will need. E Trailer website said the most common parts for a 10' or bigger pup was 3500 lb 10 x 2 1/4" wheel assembly. I am not sure I am right.

The reason I want to do this is for one I have know idea how old these parts are. Plus my friend towed it for 40 miles without the E brake pin connected. I have not moved it sense.

What is the best way to figure out which bearings, brake kit, drums, seals and whatever else I would need? Or problem I may run in to?

At the same time I would like to install a over under kit.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. FYI I have not removed the wheels yet. Waiting till spring. Thank you for any help.

2. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    To be sure as to what bearings and seals the axle takes...remove a wheel and knock the bearings out. The bearings and seal will have a number on them.

CamperLover likes this.
  3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    The drum size is usually stamped on the drum face where the wheel mounts. Inspect first, check bearings numbers, order parts.

CamperLover likes this.
  4. CamperLover

Jul 28, 2015
    Thanks joet! I did not know that. Much obliged.

5. CamperLover

Jul 28, 2015
    Raycfe I plan on inspection first, but will look for the number. Thank you for your help.