RLS anybody own one?

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by jacrabbitt, Sep 27, 2017.

1. jacrabbitt

jacrabbitt Active Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Michigan
    Looking at rear living room w/slide 24 to 26.....Pro's and Cons? just the wife and me 90% of the time. Hard to find used. Don't want a 5er. One brand over other?

2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    I have some acquaintances that have a TT with the living room in the back. It is a really a nice fancy looking unit that they bought new. The layout reminds me of a 5er but it was actually a TT. If I remember correctly it was a Denali 287re. Like all new units, they had somethings that had to be repaired under warranty, but can't remember what they were.

3. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

Jun 8, 2012
    We have a Grand Design Reflection 337RLS, love the layout. For something smaller check out the Grand Design Imagine line, they have several different floor plans that fit what you are looking for but be prepared to end up closer to 30 ft. It doesn't matter what brand you buy if you buy new you will end up working the first year bugs out, it happens every time. That said, at least you know the bugs got fixed. The difference with Grand Design over any other is the way they support their product. I strongly recommend you give them a good look, even if buying used. You will be surprised how they take care of you.

4. Fbird

Fbird Active Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Ferndale MI
    My parents have a grand design 5th wheel and love it. They really stand behind them to.

RockyRoo likes this.
  5. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

Jun 8, 2012
    My aunt and uncle just bought a Starcraft launch 24RLS. It's a pretty comfortable floor plan. Not a complete rear living but pretty close. Might be worth looking into for what is marketed as a lighter weight rig.

6. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    We recently purchased a NTU Keystone Cougar 29FKS. Living space actually over the wheels with queen-size bed all the way in the back. We've only had it out once, but so-far-so-good.

7. 4xMeteor

4xMeteor Active Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Georgia
    Actually DW and I have been looking at floor plans online lately, we both really like the RLS layout.

8. maromeo

maromeo Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    We had 2 over the past few years. Both were Jayco’s a 2011 26RLS and an 2014 Eagle 298RLDS. Loved them both but traded for the larger one for larger sofa sleeper for DD and more storage. Loved being able to back in and have the large window with a view. Also loved the recliners by the windows.

9. HC1

HC1 New Member

Nov 3, 2017
    One would think rear living would be preferable on the trips your campsite backs up to the view.