Rockwood 1610

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by skramer, Sep 29, 2010.

1. skramer

skramer New Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Hi Everyone. newbie here looking for a popup.

got my eyes on a Rockwood 1610 (2003). Its about a 4 hour drive and would appreciate any pros and cons that you might be able to give before I set out on a long drive.

don't know what I am looking for except for the extras that the wife wants. I am a bit nervous buying something like this that I know nothing about.

Thanks

2. NH-popper

NH-popper Boldly going camping!

Mar 10, 2010
    I would very highly recommend you don't run out and buy anything (especially a used popup) without a healthy amount of research on sites like this one first. That's what I did and I can tell you I avoided a world of trouble. You have to look out for signs of leaks (stained/soft wood/walls/floor or delaminated wall covering, moldy smell, mildew stains, etc), make sure you can raise and lower the roof, check all the appliances, etc, just for starters and in a nutshell. Look around the forum and you'll find a few threads for future PUP owners.

3. chocoholic8

chocoholic8 Livin' the pop up life!

Aug 8, 2010
    LOVE my Rockwood 1910. As far as ammenities- these are considered the Freedom series LTD and can be rather sparse or have some extras. The manufacturer website is forestriverinc.com which willl give you information, specs and packages that could of been added to this unit so you know what to ask about. The 1610 is older and not listed but the 1620 is, which I'm guessing would be very similar. Also check nadaguides.com.
    Welcome to the portal and good luck finding just the right popup. No matter what the question is... there's always an answer here.