Rockwood Roo Roof Vent leaks.

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by Old_Geezer, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Southwest PA
    Our 2017 Roo came with the Maxxair Fans and factory installed Maxxair covers. In Sept of 2016 The rear vent leaked in a heavy rain. When I pulled the cover it looked like the leak was caused by Rockwood mashing the cover into incurred sealant when the camper was built. I touched up the sealant and It was fine up until the last trip this year in October and the leak returned. This time I removed all the factory sealant. The Maxxair fans have eyelets molded into the flange of the assembly that the covers attach to with hairpin. If you look closely you will see that the bottom of the eyelets are open through the bottom flange. If they missed the sealant/tape they installed at the factory under that flange where the eyelets are located water can get in through the hairpin and eyelet. So if your vents leak and you have Maxxair fans and covers, and can not find cracked sealant or other areas, look at those eyelets.

2. daveo1289

daveo1289 Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Rochester NY
    Thanks for the insight!!

3. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

Jun 8, 2012
    I was just looking at the one over my kitchen last night while I had the cover off touching up the Dicor and was wondering about that. I can definitely see how that could happen

4. jeicher

jeicher Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Had a Scamp trailer few years back and the FantasticFan was installed with pop rivets that were not properly sealed. Had water come through the middle of the hollow rivets so I drilled the rivets out, installed ss bolts and nuts, then covered with Dicor. Scamp advertises one-piece fiberglass construction that won't leak, well........