Roof side panel removal help

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by Jason46902, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Jason46902

Jason46902 New Member

I have a 2002 aero we just bought. The side panel where the roof latch is on the rear is rotted. Started the removal process today. I have cut all the old caulk, removed the awning and seal where roof and side panel meet. Then on the inside I have removed the screws from the under side of the side panel, roof AC brackets, door, and the metal channel where the canvas is. It's still not loose. Any thoughts or anyone have any experience on this? Thanks for any and all help

2. Flipped in NH

Flipped in NH Member

Try a search on the Forums. Lots of info here on roof repairs. Many with photos.

We haven’t taken our roof apart “yet” so no personal help from me.

3. Pelagius117

Pelagius117 New Member

Hey Jason,
    I recently had to repair my pop up roof in a similar manner, but i had to do both sides. Mine was held on by a number of small nails along the entire length of the roof. I was able to get mine off by hitting it from the inside out with a hammer close to the roof line. Hope that helps.
    (Ironically my name is also Jason)
    Jason

4. John Bedsole

John Bedsole New Member

I rebuilt all four sides of my Dutchmen 1002xs. I had staples about 1 1/2 inches long all the way down the sides. I used a hand pry bar from lowes and gently pulled the two apart. take your time and you will not damage the roof board.

5. John Bedsole

John Bedsole New Member

I rebuilt all four sides of my Dutchmen 1002xs. I had stales about 1 1/2 inches long all the way down the sides. I used a hand pry bar from lowes and gently pulled the two apart. take your time and you will not damage the roof board.