Roof Vent Size

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by Outdoorsavvy85, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Outdoorsavvy85

Outdoorsavvy85 New Member

Hi all, my roof vent from the inside measures 10 3/4" square. However I am unable to locate one this size but instead all I'm finding is 14" square. Can anyone help with this? I've been on etrailer, ebay, Amazon and Google.

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

What is the Make and Model of your camper?

3. Outdoorsavvy85

That's another problem. My only saving grace for a serial number therefor a model number is the plate under the trailer. I will be checking that plate here in a few minutes. From a far I can't see any numbers so hopefully once I jack it up I will be able to crawl to get closer. It's a Jayco maybe mid to late 80's.

4. Outdoorsavvy85

Well i just went out there and read those numbers but I was so excited thinking that plate could be my answer that I was thinking that's the axle ID plate. Duh..lol So I'm back to square one again with finding the serial number.

jmkay1 likes this.
  5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

The vent on our '84 Palomino was small, and turned out to be a 9" "bathroom" or "kitchen" vent. It took us a while to find one that size. The pup was so tiny we didn't want to enlarge the opening to 14" either.

6. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

IIRC it should be a 9 inch vent. (goes by size of hole in roof).

7. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

8. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

try finding a plate on the side of the tongue a frame. On my old 1990 jayco there was a small plate not much bigger than a dog tag that was on the A frame of the trailer tongue. If I remember correctly mine was just about under the propane tanks painted over in black the same color as the fram. You really had to get close to read it. I’m assuming the sticker on the side of your camper is long gone.

9. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

The serial number should be stamped into the frame of the camper. Usually, it will be somewhere on the tongue. [:)C]