Seminole State Park for Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by NegrilJerry, Sep 6, 2016.

1. NegrilJerry

NegrilJerry Newbies in GA, we LOVE this site!

We've booked 4 nights at Seminole St Pk for the long turkey weekend. Not all that much out there on this park, but it looks promising and far enough south of metro Atlanta to possibly give us some pleasant weather. Hoping to kayak a bit and just relax, might even meet some folks who want to put together a Thanksgiving dinner gathering... Anyone been there?

2. SHFL

SHFL Active Member

Last year my DD and I drove up there for the day and walked around. It is on a small inlet of Lake Seminole, and it is a nice park. The swimming area was a little bit overgrown (as was Cotton Hill when we stayed there), but all in all there was nothing to complain about.

The only thing we don't like about the Georgia State Parks is that in most the reservations are not site specific.

Oh, I forgot -- if you join the Friends of Georgia State Parks you get a 1-year park entrance pass, 1 free night of camping, and a 10% camping and gift shop discount (2 passes, and 2 nights with the family membership). You essentially break even on the cost of membership when you stay the free night(s), and begin saving after that.