Senior lifetime pass

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by BillyMc, Jul 14, 2019 at 7:22 AM.

1. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

DW now has her Lifetime pass. We will be increasing our time spent at national parks and such now. Unfortunately there isn't as much locally to us as in some areas, but we are going to visit what we have and travel to some others as time permits. With the DQT (her drama has dropped noticeably the last month or so) starting collage and the boys loving to go camping I can see some fun filled trips. The 9 year old want us to live in the PUP!

2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

We both have had ours for a long time, we do not use ours much but when we do every penny saved is a reward for living this long :)

BillyMc likes this.
  3. BillyMc

DW loves the Charleston area, so we're going to visit Fort Moultrie soon maybe after church today. We have been, but the kids haven't.

4. hometownhiker

hometownhiker Active Member

I'm 6 months away from being eligible to the senior lifetime pass. I know what I'm getting for my birthday!

5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

We have had ours for years ..... from back when it was free. Only one small place in Connecticut to use, but great for Acadia in Maine and some campground discounts.

6. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Its not just good for camping. Its good at national museums and attractions.

7. HappyTraveler

HappyTraveler Active Member

You can also use it for discounts on access and camping at other Government facilities:
    Capture.JPG

8. BillyMc

Only one CG in Ct. but plenty of other areas in Ct. to visit. Not too far is Gateway (Brookland site has RV sites) National Recreation Area. No hook ups, but showers and water are available. On the NJ side is a canoe tour the DW and I would like to do.

9. Fless

Fless Active Member

The sites with hookups are generally NOT discounted, or not very much.

10. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

I don't use hookups but whenever I have camped in a NF I get 1/2 price and it doesn't matter where I am.

11. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

I'll be eligible in a few months as well. There are a number of COE reservoirs in our area with multiple campgrounds at each. Water and electric sites are currently $10 with the pass.

HappyTraveler likes this.
  12. MsMac

MsMac Active Member

The "old guy pass", as I call it, was the best 10 bucks we've ever spent (and would still be a great deal for us at its current price). We took a trip to our "local" (45 minutes away) ranger station on his 62nd birthday to get it. In the past 3 years, we've saved over 500 dollars in camping, parking and entry fees.

We are lucky that we have so many places around here to use it, but even if someone just takes one week long camping trip to a national park, it pays for itself.

One thing that people who are in the market might want to take into consideration: The local ranger district (or national park) where you purchase your pass gets to retain 95% of the purchase price. So, if you're interested (and able), you can purchase where you want the money to stay. :)

kcsa75 likes this.