Show me state startup! Hello all

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Josh Stockman, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Josh Stockman

Josh Stockman New Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Central Missouri
    So we have always been tent people and admired the wheeled castles from a distance. Today 9/19/18 we crawled from that most basic of camping styles and launched into the unknown world of PUP camping.
    I have been lurking and reading for a while and finally created an account. Learned as much as I could and stepped into the camper market.
    We found out that with our TV a low weight was needed and that really limited our options. We began almost weekly pilgrimages hours from our home to locate a unicorn camper that met our budget, needs, and wants. After dry rot, black mold, broken cables, and dream campers being sold while we still waited in line we were not shaken.
    Then today we found it a 1995 Coleman Stoney Creek. She is within our limits, budget, and now garage.
    We are so excited and can’t wait to learn any and all you can offer. Thanks and see you in the parks.

Attached Files:

Jim Haner likes this.
  2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Welcome , ask questions and post more pics. Search the sight and you will have more then enough info for whatever your needs.

3. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    Hey Neighbor. Congratulations on the NTU Pup and Welcome to the forum. Looks like a good one. Just proves that good things come to patient people. Where abouts are you in Central Mo.?
    [:)C]

4. Josh Stockman

Josh Stockman New Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Central Missouri
    Jefferson City area.

5. xvz12

xvz12 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2017
    New Plymouth, ID
    Congratulations on the good looking camper, & welcome to the forum. Lots of good information here.

6. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

Welcome and greetings from North Carolina to the exciting world of Pop-Up camping!

7. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    Welcome from the West Virginia mountains

8. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Hello and welcome from Minnesota!

9. hayyward

hayyward Active Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Packerland
    I've often thought of my PUP as a "wheeled castle". :) Welcome from Wisconsin!

10. durhamcamper

durhamcamper Active Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Pickering, Ontario
    Welcome from Ontario Canada! Just out of curiosity.......why are the bed supports on the rear bed installed correctly but the bed supports on the front are straight down to the driveway?

11. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    awelcome.jpg
    Greetings from the Connecticut shoreline.

12. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

May 23, 2018
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina.

13. hayyward

hayyward Active Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Packerland
    That's a good question durhamcamper. I was impressed that he was able to crank that camper off at what looks to be a perfect 90 degree angle in his driveway. Darn good for a newb. :)

14. Josh Stockman

Josh Stockman New Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Central Missouri
    Okay so this is how the previous owner had it set up upon sale. I have since seen that they attach to the tongue of the trailer. I will be investigating further.

15. hayyward

hayyward Active Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Packerland
    One wonders what else the PO did wrong! [:!]

16. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Welcome t the Portal from N/W Fl panhandle. Best advice is practice set up and take down as well as operation of everything including (if possible a camp driveway) to learn about your NTU unit. Hope ya'll have many great adventures in the future with the unit. Good luck and happy Camping

17. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Greetings from NEPA!

18. Nani2

Nani2 Active Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Tennessee
    Welcome from TN. We lived in St. Louis till about 15 years ago and have many fun memories of tent camping in MO.

19. autobot152

autobot152 New Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Greetings from Illinois. We also recently purchased a 1995 Coleman Stoney Creek. My family of 7 just spent the week of Thanksgiving at Land Between the Lakes in KY. Enjoy!

20. Jim Haner

Jim Haner New Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Phoenix, AZ
    She's a beaut Josh! Enjoy the new adventure!