Shower/sink holding tank mod.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by Boondock350, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Boondock350

Boondock350 New Member

Sep 12, 2018
    Hey folks back in the game. So my pup doesn’t have a holding tank for sink/shower. I saw this mod on another site. But it didn’t have a explanation or any part numbers. This looks pretty fine to me as we have several of these jugs from tent camping. Anyone ever done something like this.

Attached Files:

2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    Interesting, I tried to do something similar, but I couldn't find a hose at lowes that fit the PVC elbow pipe. That hose kind of looks like a vacuume cleaner hose. wonder where one could find that without doing major surgery on my vacuume.

3. Boondock350

Boondock350 New Member

Sep 12, 2018
    I also saw some other great ideas.

Attached Files:

4. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Perry, MI
    Pic 1 above is how I setup my grey water. Except instead of a blue hose I use an old 'universal' radiator hose. Because I had it and it's free!

Boondock350 likes this.
  5. Jonson01

Jonson01 New Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Southern IL
    That first photo looks like a normal house drain connection, is that correct? Is that going to fit most drain connections on pop ups? Just trying to figure out what I need to attach to the drain output.

Boondock350 likes this.
  6. Boondock350

Boondock350 New Member

Sep 12, 2018
    That’s what I was figuring. but I will let you know soon as I’m going to work on it this week. And will bring back my findings.

7. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2018
    If the pup has a shower inside then it will have a bigger drain connection but if not it’s usually a garden house attachment. I used one of the 6 gal water Jugs from Wal Mart and just put the hose end into it. Worked fine, but, you have to empty it more often than you think. The sink drain alone (I didn’t have an inside shower) left me dumping that container 3 times in 3.5 days. Btw, just looking st the pic if you had the large fitting like above, I bet an old shop vac hose would fit

Boondock350 likes this.
  8. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    I think it's a pool hose . Cut and then glued into the fitting. It fits tight as I was going to do the same thing. I moved the adaptor to the end of the hose however and scrapped that idea because with the adaptor, it can swivel. I still need to glue it on( cant find the hot glue gun!) I then used a fernco fitting to attach it to the pvc. Mine is to connect the shower with the sink and go to a sewar hook up. I also added a vent. You get the idea.

Attached Files:

Boondock350 likes this.
  9. Boondock350

Boondock350 New Member

Sep 12, 2018
    Love it thanks for the lead.

10. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

We just use a regular garden hose, with an adapter, on our drain. I've read lots of posts that people have difficultly getting things to drain with a smaller hose, but we've never experienced any issues.

Boondock350 likes this.