Sienna or Odyssey

Discussion in 'Tow Vehicles, Hitch & Towing' started by TNDawg, Mar 22, 2018.

1. arge

arge New Member

Feb 27, 2018
  2. crackerJack

crackerJack Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Scottsville, KY
    I’m sick of hearing about American made manufacturing. I’m in the construction industry. No one ever gives a S, about American built buildings and houses. People get riled up about where and who makes a car, but look the other way when their brand new house is built.

I look for a quality product. The Oddy we had was a great vehicle.

3. TNDawg

TNDawg New Member

Aug 27, 2015
    Thanks guys. All interesting thoughts. The "American made" discussion got us looking at the new VW Atlas (desingned and built in Chattanooga) but I couldn't bring myself to drop that much cash on a new car. DW couldn't get past the borring of the minivan world and we ended up back in a Ford Flex. We were surprised at the smooth towing of our first and a comfy TV makes DW more willing to hit the woods. Granted, it lacks cargo space, but that's what the trailer is for. And, it's by far the most comforable ride I've ever been in.

4. TNDawg

TNDawg New Member

Aug 27, 2015
    Sienna's never felt comfortable and friends in the industry indicated Oddesy has issues with the tranny for several years. Coming out of a lemon, we didn't want to take that chance.

5. Fbird

Fbird Active Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Ferndale MI
    I say get a crew cab pick up and tell them if they don't like the back seat they can use a lawn chair in the bed[:D]. keep in mind inclines you see at you're driveway and at campgrounds because both the oddesy and sienna have little ground clearance.

6. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    But a Ford crew cab or Chevy?? [:D]

7. Tylers88

Tylers88 New Member

May 18, 2018
    Iowa
    My wife’s Ody built in Alabama and my Suburban was built in Mexico. I’ve also worked for Toyota and GM both and Toyota treats their employees MUCH better than GM, there’s a reason the big 3 were to different extents belly up and the Corolla became the best selling car of all time all within a couple years of each other.

On the original topic, my mom has a Sienna(2011) and my wife has an Ody(2008), the Honda droves more like a car than a van should as far as road feel and handling the Toyota has a cushier ride but the plastic in the interior feel like it was made by Fisher Price and even though the van itself rides smoother I’d rather sit on a metal park bench than those seats. My moms Sienna does have cloth and their ES350(essentially Lexus Avalon) has some of the nicest seats I’ve seen in a car, I’m guessing they had to use a stiffer foam with cloth because the leather will provide more structure to the seat.