Single Propane tank holder for Jayco

Discussion in 'Propane - Got Gas' started by Pnyglfr, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Pnyglfr

Pnyglfr New Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Anybody know where I can purchase a single tank holder for my Jayco. I don't need a double tank but its so hard to find. Ive search ebay and no luck.

2. BoomJammer

BoomJammer Jason

May 17, 2012
  3. iceman

iceman New Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Lowes and home depot have them as well!

4. Pnyglfr

Pnyglfr New Member

Oct 22, 2011
    More like the one you install in the front of the tougue of the trailer.

5. BoomJammer

BoomJammer Jason

May 17, 2012
    What does the tongue of your trailer look like now?

6. rabird

rabird Howdy!

Mar 3, 2006
    TX
  7. brianbigdogsmith

brianbigdogsmith Camp more Camp more often

Feb 20, 2012
    Melviindale MI.
    I use a milk crate works fine and has handles.

8. bondebond

bondebond New Member

Aug 14, 2008
    In the picture that bupkis posted, does your tongue area have the two horizontal angle iron supports that the bracket is sitting on? If so, you're covered - at least as far as Jayco is concerned.

If you have these supports (welded on at the factory), you'll notice the holes on the vertical parts of those supports I've circled below. You set the tank on these supports and line up the holes that are in the ring stand welded onto the bottom of every 20# LP tank. Use your favorite method of securing with nuts and bolts, cotter pins, etc. Every time I took one off to get it refilled, it took a little bit of effort to realign the holes when putting it back on, but they do work. In my single PUP experience with Jayco, there was no reference to an extra bracket to hold the handle area securely - just the two bolts on the bottom.

[​IMG]
    (Sorry bupkis, I stole and modified your image)

Otherwise, if could provide a picture of how your tongue is currently configured, we may be able to offer better suggestions.