SK - Murray Doell Campground in Meadow Lake Provincial Park

Discussion in 'Saskatchewan' started by jobenoit, Jun 18, 2012.

1. jobenoit

jobenoit New Member

My family and I just got back from staying at the Murray Doell campground in the Meadow Lake Provincial Park. We absolutely loved it. It is clean, quiet, well maintained, and the scenery (lake and forest) is awesome.

It's located in a Provincial Park so the campground itself is very well taken care of. There are many clean outhouses through out the campground and a main service station that houses the showers and flush toilets. There is no fee for the showers and it's kept very clean by their excellent crew. There is also no fee for firewood however there is a park fee that needs to be paid but it's very reasonable.

The campground is right on the lake, Lac des Iles. It is pristine, if the water was a touch warmer my kids would have fixed right in. The fishing is great for those who love to fish and there is a small beach for the kids to play on. One of the few cons on my list is that the beach doesn't have very nice sand, lots of little pebbles in it.

Just a short drive away is the Village of Goodsoil, SK. I can't say enough about this small town. They have everything you might need...grocery store, laundromat, liquor store, ice cream store, small restaurant, fishing supplies, gas, hardware store etc. The town folk were so helpful to our family. Seeing as we are from Alberta our cell phones didn't work up there but we found some friendly people who let us use their phone to call back to AB. It was nice to run into people who don't hesitate to help out others who are in a bind.

The fees for the campground vary depending on high or low season but I found them to be very reasonable . There is the cost of the Park pass to keep in mind but I think that the amenities (free showers and free firewood) offset the cost of the pass. All in all, we had an amazing week long trip and would highly recommend this campground to others. Here is a link to the SK Parks websitehttp: //www.saskparks.net/Default.aspx?DN=16d5a7af-aea0-4cae-a63c-e267d8f30a53