Skamper Owners Sound Off!

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by HellsBells, May 20, 2014.

1. HellsBells

HellsBells New Member

May 17, 2014
    [{:)] [{:)] [{:)] [{:)] [{:)] [{:)] [{:)] [{:)]

Would like to have a list of Skamper Owners. The list will be a good way to keep track of each other so we can bounce ideas, and tips off of each other.

Thanks,

HellsBells

1995 Skamper 12 by Prime
    2003 F150 Super Crew

Katskamper likes this.
  2. colorado_camper

colorado_camper Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    I'm here. 2001 Sport 21D, made by Thor. The bad: no brakes, weird Frankenstein axle, original suspension too weak and broke. The good: everything else.

I love my Skamper, wouldn't trade it for anything.

[​IMG]

3. buerklebunch

buerklebunch New Member

Feb 17, 2014
    We have what we think is a 1989 170x Skamper. We are new owners and getting good ideas so far off this site. Still need to rewire the electric and fix a post on one of the corners.
    [:D]

Rudy Rodriguez likes this.
  4. HellsBells

HellsBells New Member

May 17, 2014
    Have any pictures?

5. crzman

crzman New Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I have a 1999 Skamper Vison 23S by Thor. I've had it for 2 years now and haven't had any issues. Luckily the previous owner had most of the original paperwork which I've been told is pretty hard to find for these campers. If I get a chance I will try to post some photos this weekend.

6. sgip2000

sgip2000 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Hillsboro, OR
    1990 Skamper 245C here. No real complaints here for something 24 years old. Plywood on the bed ends instead of OSB. No roof leaks. Table and counter are also 3/4" plywood.

7. jcorkins

jcorkins New Member

Jun 9, 2013
    Mine is a 1996 skamper. Made by Thor. Not sure of the exact model and the wife recently peeled off all of the graphics so really no way to tell now.
    The good: recent new roof no more problems with that now. :)
    The bad: most of the rest needs to be restored and no time left before our first camping trip this year. Everything is in good enough shape for now though so I will decide at the end of the year if I will continue to restore it or sell it and get something different in the spring.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

8. HellsBells

HellsBells New Member

May 17, 2014
    If anyone is interested I am having a new tire carrier fabbed up from aluminum diamond plate. I can post pictures when it is done, and let you know the cost of having it made. They are also fabricating replacement skins for my camper from 1/16" aluminum. The aluminum is embossed with paint of different colors. I am doing a blue.

9. faltagracia

faltagracia Conserve the environment and enjoy it.

Jun 4, 2012
    I have a 1999 Skamper M-21D .. Lifted and I love it.. I have done few add on.. 12 V cigarette lighter for charging phone. added coax for Satellite and 12V jacks for the bunker .. LED light around the bottom frame to illuminate around the area at night.. and few other things.. I am figure out how to attach a picture yet.

10. HellsBells

HellsBells New Member

May 17, 2014
    Sounds awesome Felix, excited to see the pictures!

so you are happy with having your pop up lifted? I assume you did the leaf spring flip?

11. Loopsters

Loopsters 1986 Skamper 139c

Jun 12, 2014
    I'm here and brand new! We just picked up a 1986 139c. We're new to this whole thing, so I will be floating questions I'm sure! As a matter of fact, here's the first one... Have do I find replacement bulbs for the clearance and taillights? Most of the current bulbs are bad, but they don't have numbers or any markings. Thanks!

12. kentuckyrascal

kentuckyrascal Member

Oct 23, 2007
    western kentucky
    I too have a 2002 17 a it folds out to be 12ft. I have no complaints. Second owners and they gave me all the paperwork for the camper. Just starting my camping season this weekend.

13. HellsBells

HellsBells New Member

May 17, 2014
    Best bet is to take the bulb with you to match it up. The local RV store here in town has a whole selection of LED replacement bulbs. I have seen decent selections at stores like Auto Zone as well.

14. HellsBells

HellsBells New Member

May 17, 2014
    You have the newest Skamper that I know of! Do you have any pics, or links to pics?

15. lmwands

lmwands New Member

May 26, 2014
    New co-owner of a 1995 Skamper. Went in 1/2 & 1/2 with my niece and her family. Planning inaugural trip now, heading out west in a couple of weeks. Camper is in great shape. We can't wait to get going!!

16. HellsBells

HellsBells New Member

May 17, 2014
    What model is your camper, I have the same year. Mine is a 170.

17. Loopsters

Jun 12, 2014
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Hi! Thanks for the advice on the bulbs, got it set and ready to go!

Does anybody know what these are? The PO said they are stabilizer bars, but they never use them and they were wrapped in cardboard under a mattress.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Aircamperace

Aircamperace New Member

May 23, 2014
  19. Loopsters

Jun 12, 2014
    Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Aircamperace

Aircamperace New Member

May 23, 2014
    No problem that's what the Skamper roundoff is for. Also see the the illustration on pg 13.