Slide out Dinette - is it worth it?

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by VikingGirl, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Brandon Whitney

Brandon Whitney New Member

I just bought a 2005 Bayside. This is my first PU and the slide out was a must for us. We have 6 kids and the space makes it a much more comfortable camping experience.

2. JWeible

JWeible Active Member

We just bought a new pup and first thing on the list of our must haves was a slide out dinette. The dinette seemed larger to us fitting our family of four very comfortably. The extra floor space while set up makes it so that you can actually walk past someone instead of waiting for someone to move. We also like that there is now room for our 75 lb dog to comfortably spread out on the floor at night. In our old camper he had a hard time getting settled and would jump from bunk to bunk, rocking the whole camper in the middle of the night.

3. tcbrady

tcbrady Member

We bought our new to us PUP last spring and the ONLY thing we wish we had was the dinette.

4. MeaganS

MeaganS New Member

We bought one last year with a slide out dinette. I grew up with popups and now that I have 4 kids, it was a big must for me. It really does feel spacious in the living area of the popup because of it. It is not hard at all to set up, just a small extra step. I'd recommend it.

5. metaltim

metaltim New Member

We just bought a forest river mac 228 with the slideout. Anyone else with a slide out have issues with it sagging a bit? I get the camper level, but when I pull out dinette, the table is pretty far off from level. Should I level after it's pulled out? I read no, but curious to hear the experience of others.