Smallest lightest camper with kitchen and shower?

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by neoplasticity, Nov 6, 2011.

1. neoplasticity

neoplasticity New Member

Nov 6, 2011
    What are the lightest smallest campers with a kitchen and shower?

Is there anything with a kitchen and shower that would be towable by a mazda5?

2. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

May 20, 2008
    Seattle, Washington
    First, welcome to the Portal.

A lot of small PUPs have a stove and sink but once you get into a shower you are usually moving into bigger (e.g., 12') and heavier boxes.

It is my understanding (from checking a couple of car websites) that Mazda recommends that the Mazda 5 not be used for towing at all.

3. neoplasticity

neoplasticity New Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Hello!

thanks for the helpful reply. Yes im aware that Mazda recommends no towing but I've seen people towing small trailers with civics even :)

OK, maybe I'm being too ambitious with a shower. Any recommendations for good small, light ones with a kitchen?

4. Steve A

Steve A A bad day camping beats a great day at work!

Jul 9, 2010
    What's your budget look like??? Chalets and Aliners could fit your bill for size for your vehicle.

EDIT: But I'll also reiterate. If the manufacturer says you shouldn't tow with the vehicle, there's probably a pretty good reason for that.

5. 1madscot

1madscot Member

Nov 6, 2010
  6. CaliforniaPoppy

CaliforniaPoppy California and beyond!

Dec 4, 2007
    California Coast
    If the manufacturer says no towing, I wouldn't do it and I wouldn't want to be on the road with those who do.