Smoker BBQ

Discussion in 'I Smell Something Cooking!' started by West Coast Canuck, Apr 9, 2016.

1. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

Mar 3, 2005
    I just bought a Traeger Pellet Grill and did a roast.....bbqing will never be the same. My roast was so good, my 3 grand daughters including the middle who is a picky eater devoured their meal and the oldest had seconds....almost tempted to throw it in my truck to take camping....planning to make ribs next...gonna take 6 hours for fall of the bone ribs....making it on Sunday

2. smksignals

smksignals New Member

Feb 29, 2016
    About a year ago I bought my first pellet smoker, a Green Mountain Grill. We love it. I've had a bunch of different smokers and this is my favorite by far. Set it and forget it (with the right mods).

For those who would like a portable smoker to take camping check out this link on how to build a 'Mini Weber Smokey Mountain'. You build it with a Weber Smokey Joe and a 32q tamale/steamer pot. Best thing is you can still use the Smokey Joe as a grill. Packs up perfect into a 10 gal Rubbermaid trash can for storage. I have one and it is great.

http://virtualweberbullet.com/miniwsm.html

3. tcanthonyii

tcanthonyii Member

Jun 29, 2010
    My father in law gave us a brinkmann charcoal/propane grill/smoker and said sell it. Here's your Xmas gift. It was new and un used and missing the turkey fryer base. I have a base so no Biggs. 2 weeks ago I slapped it together and threw it on the curb for someone to take. Wife comes home and says hey we have that deer loin I wanna smoke. Bring that back up. (She always says I have too much stuff but when I wanna get rid of it she makes me keep it). Last week we smoked the loin. Now I'm keeping the thing. The loin was sooooo good I wanna smoke more this summer. I guess we are keeping it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    I bought one of these a few years ago. Some may consider and electric smoker sacrilege but it works like a champ. Plug it in, add some wood chips or chunks, throw on the meat and let it do it's thing. Being electric, it maintains the correct temperature on its own and it's small enough that it's not a big deal to take with us when we go camping. [:)C]
    http://www.mybestsmoker.com/electric-smoker-products/brinkmann-gourmet-smoker-review/

Attached Files:

5. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    We use a Weber Smoky Mountain water/bullet smoker. We have the 22" big boy, and it is awesome! WE typically put a fully capped brisket (12-16lbs), a turkey, and either ribs or sausage on all at once. We cut, pack, and seal everything off in freezer bags. The meat lasts months. It is a job (a fun job) that takes the better chink of a weekend, but it totally pays off. :)

6. silverfz

silverfz Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Another brickmann user. I made a blanket from reflex insulation,added a thermometer with a small drill hole ,I also use a Bluetooth temp reader to monitor the meat temp.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

7. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Got the Weber Smoky Mountain 22" blowin' and smoking' right now! It's a beast, and we love it! [:D]

8. Z-man

Z-man New Member

Nov 4, 2013
    I have the 14.5" Weber WSM. It fights right thru the door in the camper when we are loading it up. I have done two 10 lb pork butts on it while camping. It is small enough to take with us but large enough to feed 3 families if I need to.

9. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I’ve got a master built 7 in 1 and a Smoke Hollow 44” cabinet smoker. I’ve taken the Masterbuilt a couple of times camping. Nothing smells better than the smoke from a smoker lofting thru the campground!

10. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Northwestern New Jersey
    I disagree, the smoked bacon cooking the next morning beats that.

jnc likes this.