Smowmaggon

Discussion in 'General Weather Forum' started by vagov, Jan 21, 2016.

1. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    With the north east expecting a major snow storm. Tomorow. I want to wish everyone safe travels who has to be out in it, and a reminder to brush the inches or FEET off the Camper roofs.

2. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Can anyone send a foot or so to southeastern Wisconsin? As a snowmobiler,we still don't have enough to open the trails here. Lol!

3. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Smow what ??

4. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    What's snow again?

5. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    Clean off the roofs and windows of your cars or trucks before heading out as well...

Hope all hunker down and have enough supplies to carry yourselves through a few days ..

6. ccptbo

ccptbo Active Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Peterborough area, ON
    We hear you! We are snowmobilers as well and have opened our Northern trails and the lake ice is JUST freezing.
    Give us another 3-4 ft and we'd be happy!

7. Mally

Mally Member

Sep 21, 2015
    Dang you beat me to it [LOL]

8. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Active Member

Jun 24, 2014
    My little 25 acre lake finally made ice this past week... Shanty's started showing up Tuesday the 19th of January! [:O]

Guess I should check the forecast for here.

9. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

Nov 25, 2015
    I so wanted to hit the beach and go snow camping but they are going to get a rain mix. And flooding which would be a concern. So we will stay home and enjoy!
    [ALPU] [TV]

10. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Sep 11, 2008
    Morris County, NJ
    I know they are expecting waves to increase down on the Jersey shore (Ocean County) to 15-20 feet [:O] [:O] [:O]

11. mcbrew

mcbrew Member

May 22, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Didn't get a pic of the pup, but this is what my Abarth looked like this morning. It has been snowing all day, too... Still going! Fortunately, the snow is powdery and it has been windy, so there's only 8" or so on top of the pup.

12. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    It's been snowing here for a full day and a half now. It's 9:00pm and still coming down. The snow drifts are so bad I can't see my SUV. Neighbors taxi however was protected by my car so he made out easy. The snow this evening is very damp and felt like ice pellots when I was trying to shovel my sidewalk. Couldn't make it to my car yet as the wind was really whipping there. Sure hope tomorrow brings sun and no wind. Just don't know where to put all this snow when we shovel out. The pup is in an outside storage lot in gettysburg inaccessible by anyone. Sure hope its OK as I won't be able to clean the roof off myself. [:!]. Stay warm everyone effected by this storm.

13. Beecoach

Beecoach Member

Jun 13, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Don't think I'll be camping anytime soon.

14. ccptbo

ccptbo Active Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Peterborough area, ON
    ^^^Wow! I'm curious to know where that pic is from?

15. SLOTerp

SLOTerp Member

May 25, 2015
    Ashburn, VA
    We got over 30 inches west of DC (Loudoun county, VA). Our cars are parked in the town center garage but I've still got to dig out my driveway. Blech...

Attached Files:

16. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    @SLOTerp
    That reminds me of one reason I'm glad to be in the high desert of NM instead of living in WNY, as I did until my 30s. I have had to move snow this winter, but only a few inches - we try to keep the driveway and sidewalks cleaned so that we don't get ice as things melt. (One big issue over the holidays was the ice created as the snow melted off the TT- it isn't as easy to sweep it off the TT as it was from the pup.)

17. Beecoach

Beecoach Member

Jun 13, 2014
    @ccptbo north central WV, over 2' by the time it was over. Over 3' in the higher elevations (above 4000')

18. Fless

Fless Active Member

What is "Smow"? [:D]

That looks more like Snowmageddon to me. [LOL] We get that once in a while here in Colorado, especially with upslope conditions.

19. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Active Member

Jun 24, 2014
    So who's not able to go to work today?

I am an Industrial Maintenance Manager and when we get slammed with snow, I am one of the few who seem to always make it in.
    Sure I have a 4WD truck now but seemed to do fine in my old 2WD V-8 Dakota.
    Amazed me that I could go 30 miles to work but people who lived in the same town as the Plant called in "snow-bound".

20. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    I have the same thoughts about when it rains enough around here that we start to get street flooding. The only difference there is I'm making it to work in a Civic and not in my truck.