Snow flurries in South Georgia

Discussion in 'General Weather Forum' started by BelchFire, Jan 23, 2016.

1. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

Mar 29, 2012
    SE Georgia
    Flurries drifting across the yard and melting instantly. I predict no bread or milk within a 20 mile radius. It's 34º with a wind-chilll factor of 28º ... and I'm headed out to load the kayak for an afternoon on the river. [:D]

Meanwhile, my employees are going to be calling in later, telling me that they're "trapped in the driveway" and won't make it in Monday. [:(O]

2. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Wow! We had a dusting yesterday here in Birmingham. Everyone "ran for the hills." The local news broadcasts were ecstatic. It is pretty funny and a bit embarrassing to watch the frenzy - .02" of snow, Oh My!

3. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Peterborough area, ON
    Lol. I'd be going for a kayak in those temps as well! If ours weren't buried under a few feet of snow right now, (and the lake wasn't covered with ice huts), we'd be out there too! That and it's -22C!! lol
    Enjoy!! [SUN]

4. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Mar 11, 2010
    Western NC
    9 inches here....used the kayaks as sleds.....

5. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Sep 11, 2008
    Morris County, NJ
    6-7 inches here so far in Northern NJ. They are expecting 18-24". People are nuts, they run to the stores to stock up like it's the end of the world!!! [LOL]

The DW went shopping on Tuesday to do her normal shopping so she did not have to deal with the crazies!!!

6. jumpoff

jumpoff I'm in a camping state of mind

Nov 3, 2015
    North East Florida
    Zero inches here but friends are heading north just to see some snow...ya gotta love it !!!

7. sleach

sleach A short run will get you within walking distance.

May 17, 2014
    The ski area at Wolf Creek Pass in SW Colorado has recorded over 400 inches of snow so far this year........

8. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Sep 11, 2008
    Morris County, NJ
    To the poster above

WOW [:O] [:O] [:O] [:O]

9. mcbrew

mcbrew Member

May 22, 2013
    Here's my Abarth as of this morning. We've gotten a couple inches since then, with 5-10" more on the way. I have cleaned it off once, but I don't think the top is coming down any time soon. Also, my snow tires haven't gotten here yet -- they'll probably get here the day it all melts!

Attached Files: