Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Mar 1, 2017.
Watching and waiting as the snow is slowly melting off of it.
Renewed the registration today. One step closer to camping season
Last weekend, my husband put the new mounting fasteners for the microwave in, to replace the lost ones. They fit, so it's stabilized well for now, and we have extras if they vibrate loose and go missing again.
After temps up to 80*F (we usually hit that in May, not March), a cold front is coming through today. I turned off the a/c fan, and closed up the vents, to reduce the grit infiltration with the accompanying high winds.
I leave in a week for the AZ Spring Rally (& on to visit friends in Tucson afterwards), so turned the 'fridge on so I can begin to stock that as we do grocery shopping tomorrow.
The TV is in the shop, after boiling battery fluid off the new battery. I could use the 4Runner as a TV for next week, but prefer to use the truck. I'm hoping whatever the problem part is, it isn't one of those specific to the Colorado and not yet available off the shelf. (That was the case with the PCV issue, we had to wait a couple of months for the part.)
For my TV, I ordered Coil SumoSpring helpers, to help with the rear sag. I have an after market hitch and it comes close to the ground on some uneven sites when backing in. I hope to install them Saturday.
Painted the wheels, got new tires! Can't wait to de-winterize and get camping!
We updated our tow vehicle to a 2012 Nissan Titan.
It was an uphill walk both ways for me too !
Removed folding sink to gain storage for new mattress, replaced broken light, reorganized storage, tested lights, ran a 12 volt access line.
Doing something similar. What did You use to clean canvas and what kind of paint did you use for cabinets? I've read spray paint, oil based and latex!!?
Big month for us. Sold a 1998 Taos, purchased a 2005 bayside.
Lots of maintenance on the new camper.
Sealed the roof with eternabond tape - particularly important on these models because of the problem with the built in roof tracks.
Deep cleaned the inside, with particular attention to the curtains and cushions.
Repaired the lift system - had to rebuild the upper crank assembly.
Adjusted the roof height at the wiffletree.
Lubricated the lift system.
Installed a brake controller on the TV.
More to come, I'm sure. Hopefully now I can shift into modifications rather than maintenance.
We bought a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee to replace our Dodge Durango (aka Bessie) that has seen better days. Also put a new shelf in. Can't wait to go camping Memorial Day weekend!
Oops, wrong forum!