SOLAR PANELS

Discussion in 'Power - Site Power/Batteries/Generators/Solar' started by Bothyman, Sep 25, 2017.

1. shuang2

shuang2 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    We did put aluminum bar across our Chalet aluminum roof edge to hold a 100 W solar panel, see picture: DSC_1229 - Copy.JPG
    In the picture you may see that we didn't connect to the panel while we were at a hook up site.

2. AAlice

AAlice New Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Southern California
    That looks nice! And secure! Unfortunately we have to use flexible panels due to the weight of our dormers.

3. KJ Sunshine

KJ Sunshine New Member

Dec 29, 2017
    It is very possible to use flexible panels AND mount to the roof, temporarily. Use c or z brackets that stretch to the edge of aliner . To latch in place, drill latches to the edges not the roof. Attach the flexible panels to the brackets. When you get where you are camping, open the latch, remove the 4lb or so panel and set like you normally would in the sun.
    Video of decent one here:

AAlice and shuang2 like this.
  4. ArkansasDon

ArkansasDon Member

Mar 7, 2018
    I have 2 Renogy 100watt suit case panels were I can run just a single or add a 2nd panel (one panel shown). Battery is VMax Tank 125 amp hr w\30 amp Renogy Wanderer Charge Controller. I run 20ft of 10agw solar cable. IMO portability is great with your panel\panels to follow the sun.
    007.JPG 014.JPG