Source for electrical rocker switches, Dometic RM 2193?

Discussion in 'Refrigerators and Coolers' started by Douggro, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Douggro

Douggro Member

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle, WA
    I'm looking for an inexpensive source for the two rocker switches (12v & 120v on the control unit) for the Dometic RM 2193 3-way stove. Long story made short is one of the PO's apparently drove a lot of dusty back roads and the fridge cabinet was caked in fine powdery dust when I bought it. No kidding, I knocked about 1/8 tsp of dust out of the 12v switch and 1/4tsp from the 120v switch!!

I was able to clean the 12v switch and get it mostly working, but the 120v switch is a gonner: burned and melted contacts down through to the poles. If anyone has a single source where I could get both switches, I'd appreciate it!! Thanks!

2. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

3. WeRJuliIan

WeRJuliIan If it's "Aluminum", why not "Sodum" and "Uranum"?

May 15, 2014
    Sarasota, FL
  4. Douggro

Douggro Member

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle, WA
    They do; $45 for the set. I found the 120v switch for a little cheaper price at getrvparts.com but they don't list the 12v switch. May just go through PPL; my hunch is sourcing one local is going to be a fruitless search.

Thanks for the link!

5. Fless

Fless Active Member

If you can find a part number, places like Mouser Electronics (http://www.mouser.com/) may have something like that.
    _

6. Douggro

Douggro Member

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle, WA
    Wow, THANK YOU!! - great source! I found that it's a Marquardt switch, and the closest match I could find was their part # 1832.3312 which is almost an exact fit, for under $3. Heck, at that price, I could buy five of each and come out way ahead!

mpking likes this.
  7. Fless

Fless Active Member

Hopefully you won't need that many! Good luck with it, and let us know if it works out!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  8. Douggro

Douggro Member

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle, WA
    I'm going to order 2 or 3 sets - they have a match for the 12v switch as well. But I'm probably going to be out the same relative amount of $$ because I pulled the burner out today to clean it (thanks to the recommendations I saw here for how it improves the operation when running on LP) and the ignitor lead was corroded out near the burner and the insulation boot had disintegrated.

9. daschnoz

daschnoz Member

Feb 9, 2015
  10. roybraddy

roybraddy Active Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    I do this all the time with AMAZON... Finding the part number is the hard part sometimes...

AMAZON here has the two day delivery even on weekends and they stock almost anything you can think of and free shipping most of the time... I sure can't drive to town from where we live here at the house which is somewhat away from everything...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

11. Douggro

Douggro Member

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle, WA
    Ordered three each of the switches from Mouser. With shipping, $20. Could have ordered less but I like having spares. ;)
    Both are Marquardt switches, same as OEM, but with black rockers not the red and green as original. I can live with that.
    #1831.3312 SPST for the 12v
    #1832.3312 DPST for the 120v
    Should be here in the next week. I'll update when I get them installed.
    Next, need to get the propane side of the fridge working properly..

<edit>
    Just as follow-up: if you order from Mouser, they require that you submit an Export Compliance form to them when you place your order. They have no minimum order quantities, and minimum shipping charge is $5 for USPS delivery.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  12. Douggro

Douggro Member

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle, WA
    Switches arrived today, checked them against the OEM and they are almost identical in fitment. Only difference is the color on the rockers - black instead of the green and red. Snapped nicely into the panel. Will be testing the 120v side this weekend.

13. Fless

Fless Active Member

It's been a while since I ordered anything from them so I haven't yet experienced that form, but it's good to know. Good luck with the testing this weekend!
    _

14. Douggro

Douggro Member

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle, WA
    Testing Update: hooked to shore power today and fridge works fine. There was a period of uncertainty after turning the power on since the fridge wasn't cooling down, so I found a wiring diagram for the power circuit and checked my connections. All seemed okay so I buttoned it up and let it run for an hour; temp had dropped 10 degrees by then and was down to freezing after running all day with the thermostat at max setting. Don't have a good way to check the 12v side as it appears that power on that side comes straight from the 7-pin trailer plug..