Springfield, MA RV & Camping Outdoor Show Feb 16-19, 2018

Discussion in 'RV Shows' started by Chloe, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Chloe

Chloe Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Massachusetts
    Is anyone planning on going to this? We skipped the one in CT last month figuring this one was bigger and also closer to home. We don't need a new RV, but the vendors & campgrounds look interesting and I'm curious about one of the seminars:

(Sat Feb 17, 3 PM) Camping With Your Dog – presented by Rainbow Rescue.

The two seminars after that look good, too:

4:30 PM Climbing Everest – My Journey – presented by Mark Milewski (summited Mt. Everest May 20, 2016)

6 PM RV Springtime Checklist – presented by Randy, Pete’s RV

LINK: http://www.springfieldrvcampingshow.com

2. Chloe

Chloe Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Massachusetts
    Ok, not much interest yet, but 30 views on my post! Has anyone gone to these seminars before? Or have any tips for the event? Never been to one before but I have been to other events at the Big E. If you're local and want to chat, let me know. :)

3. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2013
    I would love to go, but it's almost far enough to necessitate a layover. We went to the show in Boston a month ago, and I had a great time looking at lots of stuff we can't afford. I did not do any of the free seminars, but lots of people did. We did meet some folks in Boston that were representing a couple campgrounds in Maine we want to try. I'm confident you will have a good time there. Possible we might go still, but probably not.

4. Chloe

Chloe Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Massachusetts
    That's understandable.... I suppose the shows are mostly all the same. One is enough for a while.

I'm looking forward to finding some good campgrounds to check out this year. Dang, winter is just too long! At least it has been fairly mild...

5. Lug_Nut

Lug_Nut Member

May 29, 2016
    Mt. Wachusett area, MA
    Mulling over the trip to the BigE on Saturday. DW questioned why, when we just traded up to the 12 footer box from the prior 8 and haven't used it yet, so why look at replacements already? I counted 75 or so campgrounds on the exhibitor list and mentioned that. Oh, OK.

6. mdcamping

mdcamping Member

Mar 25, 2015
    We plan to head up to the springfield show this weekend, not sure yet if we going saturday or sunday. Show is well worth it and so much better than the hartford show. Yeah we window shop the rv's also, that said we bought our Jayco Hybrid in 2011 from the springfield show. Loads of venders, loads of campgrounds as we enjoy having conversations with the owners. We generally don't to the seminars but anything can happen. We been going for about 17 yrs so it's almost a tradition for us and the first marker that spring is around the corner! :cool:

Mike

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  7. silverfz

silverfz Member

Aug 8, 2013
    I will go when its time to upgrade for now i just goto the small RI one.
    we grab a few drinks at the providence mall with some friends at at the restaurant and then spend the afternoon.

we have been to the boston one and this one is even bigger but as its a couple of hours of walking and we live 15 minutes it works. springfield is 75 miles for me.
    Even this we get tired after seeing the 70 or so RV in there.

8. Chloe

Chloe Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Massachusetts
    I think we'll be going Sunday... I'll likely have on a bright royal blue raincoat, if anyone sees me and wants to say "hi".

Lug nut, we've had our camper less than a year, so we're not looking to replace, either! Definitely want to find some nice campgrounds to visit this year. Maybe get some inspiration for mods we can make to our ALiner, too. Being 10 mins from our house, it's convenient...

9. mdcamping

mdcamping Member

Mar 25, 2015
    We will be heading today before the snow flies... guess winter is not done yet!

Mike

10. Lug_Nut

Lug_Nut Member

May 29, 2016
    Mt. Wachusett area, MA
    We bought her car, the Passat wagon, with the big engine because she thought it was needed for the 8 foot, 1,000 lb. p'up.
    Then we bought the 12 foot, 2,200 lb. p'up.
    Today we went shopping and she put a down payment on a mid-size SUV with a tow limit of 4,400 lb.

So.... any bets on how long until we have a wheeled Taj Mahal behind that?

Fortunately she'll be running the terrier in a barn hunt competition on Sunday and won't be at the show with me.

jnc likes this.
  11. mdcamping

mdcamping Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Wall to wall at the show today, never seen it so busy. For you folks going sunday or monday I would bet it will be less crowded.

Somewhat disappointed with the lack of Class A's at the show as we only saw a few thor's and nothing else.

Mike

12. Chloe

Chloe Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Massachusetts
    We went Sunday and it was busy enough for me. I picked up about 6.5 lbs of campground brochures (yes, I weighed it!). Thank goodness for the free KOA bag we picked up.

Anyway, lots of really nice RV's, quite a few OTT for me, lol. DH is talking about the storage garage he wants to build in the back yard for the ALiner and now thinks it has to be 24 ft. long because we're likely to go bigger in a few years, lol. Lug Nut, it looks like we're in similar situations!!

Mike, those Class A's sure are nice! I think we only went in a couple of them, but yeah, not so many on display. I'm fond of the Mini Winnie or one of the smaller Airstreams.

mdcamping likes this.
  13. Lug_Nut

Lug_Nut Member

May 29, 2016
    Mt. Wachusett area, MA
    Blue front and back, with white or cream colored sides? If so, yes, you were spotted, but if not you, well,... That's why I didn't introduce myself. Someone else would post on some forum about this weird old geezer that ambled up to her at the RV show and began chatting away....

On the way back home through Worcester I spied a billboard for the Worcester camping show the next (now passed) weekend. She and I went together to that. Two pop-ups there, a few A frames, and more of what interests us (i.e.: no interest in class A coach).

14. Chloe

Chloe Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Massachusetts
    Actually, no, it’s just blue all over. I’m sure that other woman wouldn’t have batted an eye. People seemed really friendly. Glad you found more interesting RVs at the Worcester show. Hope you didn’t get dumped on too bad today. Snow day for me, hehe... I’m not complaining, though most of it was spent cleaning.

15. BigTap

BigTap Active Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Worcester Area, MA
    Hope the both of you are faring well in this weather. I work for the power company and have been working on storm restoration for almost 2 weeks straight with all of these storms.

16. Chloe

Chloe Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Massachusetts
    BigTap, the storm this week wasn’t bad for us, but an hour east and further really got dumped on. Lots of power outages. We managed to keep power throughout the whole winter so far, but it’s not over yet! Be safe out there!

BigTap likes this.