Starcraft Stardust 1993 - Tips welcomed!

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by MissScarlett21, Nov 3, 2018.

1. MissScarlett21

MissScarlett21 New Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Say "hello" to our new-to-us pop-up! It seems to be in pretty good shape, I can tell one of the past owners tried to keep up with maintenance as their is diy caulking on some seams, some wood replaced on the underside as well. Bought it for $2k out of San Antonio, TX. I live in Houston, TX. We are towing with a 2014 Honda Odyssey.

I'll post more pictures as comments.

The sink and stove have been taken out, there are a couple ice boxes I'm not sure what to do with as we'll likely buy a nice ice chest.

My main concerns I'd say are the canvas and roof. One of the corners is gross looking on the outside because that's there the runoff from the AC travels. Even if I decide to splurge and replace the canvas soon, I'll need to make sure to take care of this so as not to ruin the new canvas.

The other major problem I'm having is the brake light wiring. I'm upgrading from an old plug to a new one that fits the hookup on my TV. I get the running lights to work, but can't get the turn signals/brake lights to work. Hoping someone in my neighborhood will come help me for a small fee.

Attached Files:

2. Merlin14

Merlin14 Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Is your tow vehicle a 4 wire flat connector? Hopkins makes all kinds of connectors. You can find them on etrailer.com. videos there too.

Welcome! Have you camped it yet?

3. MissScarlett21

MissScarlett21 New Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Yes, we have! A couple weekends ago, and we'll be going out again next weekend. I started a different thread for that under the first time camper category I think, just barely posted it.
    I believe it is a 4 wire flat connector, I've watched several videos on youtube and had some facebook pop-up members giving me tips. I'll check out etrailer and see if those help out at all. I'm not having trouble connecting the wires themselves, but signals/brake lights won't work. I've checked the bulbs, they don't seem blown.

4. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

May 23, 2018
    South Carolina
    You need a multi-meter to give us voltage readings on wires. It can ohm out the bulbs to make sure they are good.

5. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WI
    Congratulations! My first pup was a '94 Stardust & I loved it! You mentioned "a couple ice boxes" - one thing I did was gut the rear pull-out ice chest and used it as a large storage drawer... I could fit a ton of stuff in there!