STORM AREAS

Discussion in 'General Weather Forum' started by RotnMom, Feb 24, 2016.

1. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm SO very sad to see all the damage these storms & high winds have done in the lower Southern states in the last 2 days. Houses gone, a campground half wasted, tornadoes....man, they just got hammered. There will be more storms tonight. There have been 2-3 killed in the LA, FL and 2 in VA. These are serious storms, especially with the winds driving them.

We're getting the high winds and have had a tornado nearby today already, and we have a 2nd band of storms coming through and are on tornado watch already. It appears most of the Eastern seaboard is going to get the storms, and I pray nothing more. This storm coming is extending from Eastern, TN to the coast.

To ALL those residing in the Eastern states, I hope you are OK and have either NO or minimal damage! Please say a prayer for 'everyone' during this time.

Pam

2. Wild-Life

Wild-Life Member

Jun 22, 2012
    North Carolina
    We're ok in the Raleigh-Durham area. Power is back on. We have a few trees down out back but no damage to structures, vehicles, or PUP.

3. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Apr 4, 2011
    Glad to hear it Dan! We have a another wave of high winds and rain coming, but I have Chinese food, so all is well with my world. [;)]

[:D]

4. sawdusty

sawdusty San Antonio

Nov 9, 2014
    San Antonio
    I've been awake since 3:00 am when another storm roared thru San Antonio. Expecting more later today. All the lakes around here were bone dry until last Spring, now they are almost 100% full since the rain started this Spring. It has come at a price. The number of deaths and the lost property is devastating. I hope all our campers take every precaution.

5. Wild-Life

Wild-Life Member

Jun 22, 2012
    North Carolina
    Yes Sandy, you guys have really had some rough ones. Some close friends and fellow campers moved to Houston last year so I have been tuned in to all the flooding and property damage happening in that part of the country.

Be Safe.

6. rotarydial

rotarydial Member

Aug 20, 2007
    The western Upper Peninsula of Michigan was hit by bad storms yesterday. Several state parks in the area without power. 2 campers were totaled by fallen tress, thankfully no one hurt. See photos.

Attached Files:

7. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Macomb County Michigan
    A chilling reminder that a camper is not safe in a severe storm. Glad no one was hurt.

8. Fleetwood Max

Fleetwood Max Member

Aug 14, 2005
    St Louis. Mo
    That was bad, hope those folks carry insurance..

9. Minimalist

Minimalist Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Wow. A miracle that nobody got hurt.