Strange shower curtains for Flagstaff highwall

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by Lfamily, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Lfamily

Lfamily Active Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Siler City, NC
    When we bought our Flagstaff highwall the owner handed me a huge bag containing among other things the shower curtains (yes plural) saying they never used the shower so they couldn't tell us how they are installed. Weirdest things I've ever seen and I have no idea if I should use one or both or throw them out and buy a regular one. They both have the same shape but one has Velcro on all the sides and one has no Velcro at all. I thought the short side was to allow access to the towel bar and soap dish but have tried hanging them in every direction possible and that area isn't accessible. The hangers in the bag fit the ceiling track perfectly. It's a puzzle. I'll take a pic of the bathroom asap.

IMG_20180826_093419.jpg

2. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

This is exactly how I cut and sew shower curtains to fit our pup. I also add Velcro to some edges to keep it in place. I'll try to find some pics of how I have it installed.

3. Orchid

So, these are super old pictures, from the very first shower curtain I cut and sewed to put up, but the method is exactly the same. I have Velcro coming from Amazon tomorrow to put on my most current shower curtain, so there is not currently one up. Once again, it's cut exactly the same.

The short part is to the left, part of the front and around the side. The longest part is to the right, where the wood cut out is, and then Velcro'ed to the swing up wall as a way of closing for privacy.

[​IMG]

I have Velcro in place on the sides and back of toilet to hold the shower curtain in place, so it won't push open when a person is in there.

[​IMG]

And Velcro on the swing up wall that corresponds to Velcro I sew into shower curtain. This is the opening to go in and out.

[​IMG]

Here is what it looks like at the top -

[​IMG]

4. Orchid

Here is the current shower curtain I'm working on. As you can see, it's being cut the exact same way. I sewed it to the liner and will finish cutting, seaming, and adding Velcro tomorrow.

20180826_140503.jpg

Lfamily likes this.
  5. Lfamily

Lfamily Active Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Siler City, NC
    This is our fold down hardwall bathroom when it's up. IMG_20180826_140253.jpg
    IMG_20180826_140253.jpg

Attached Files:

6. Lfamily

Lfamily Active Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Siler City, NC
    Sorry, a little cramped to take a pic.

Attached Files:

7. Lfamily

Lfamily Active Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Siler City, NC
    Thanks Orchid, I'm thinking these may be from another style camper. There's no Velcro on the walls to attach it too. I'm thinking an rv curtain may work.

8. Orchid

It is a different style, but the premise is the same. The Velcro may have been removed, or not added yet by a previous owner that put the Velcro on one of the curtains.

If it doesn't fit, you may just have it turned around inside out. Flip it over. If it's all vinyl, it wouldn't make a difference what side faces out. The short part is going to go around the back of he toilet and the long part in front of it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018