Suburban Furnace in 1993 Flagstaff

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by amoxom321A, Aug 23, 2008.

1. amoxom321A

amoxom321A New Member

I am still having trouble diagnosing an issue with my Suburban funrace. I checked the SAIL switch, it works fine, Electrics are good, I am running it from a good source in my driveway. The fan starts up, and the SAIL switch moves fine. When the electronic ignition tries to spark, the motor speed drops ever so slightly as the ignition system kicks in. I get no consistent spark at the end of the electrodes. I removed the electrodes, and cleaned them up. Still same issue. So I then removed the high tension wire and tried to get a spark from the connector on one of the bolts in the furnace. It works if you get really close to the bolt, but the spark is tiny. Not nearly enough to jump the gap on the main ignitor electrode. What could be the problem? Bad ground somewhere? OR a faulty high tension wire? Or faulty ignition system? Seems like everything else is working, just not enough spark. Any thoughts?

2. KISMETT

KISMETT New Member

Not knowing the model or age of your furnace, I'm guessing that you may have a fracture in the ceramic of the ignition system, a small break in the ignition wire or lastly, a bad coil on the control board.